4th & 6th Grade ELA Teacher
- Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Valid IN Teacher’s License
- Possess strong understanding of child development, pedagogy, and content.
- At least 3 years of teaching experience
- Valid IN Teacher’s License
- National Board Certification
- Master's Degree Sponsorship
- Tuition Assistance
- Career Growth
The Lead Teacher is responsible for creating a classroom culture where student are joyfully engaged, meaningfully on-task, and feel ownership for their individual and collective success.
Teachers help students learn basic academic, social, and other essential skills that are important to know through life.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to students
- Plan and execute rigorous, engaging lessons in a logical scope and sequence
- Conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate
- Use student data to assess mastery of objectives and movement toward big goals for student achievement and growth
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests
- Develop effective classroom management systems that build students intrinsic motivation to learn, grow, and succeed in academics and character
- Implements feedback and new learning from ongoing professional development in order to better support instructional activities and student achievement
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with staff members, students, parents, administrators, and other stakeholders in order to support students
- Observe and evaluate students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health
- Other duties as assigned
Neighborhood Charter Network Values:
- Lead With Love
- Establish High Expectations
- Support and Empower Others
- Engage in honest communication to enhance understanding
- Maximize Time To Maximize Potential
- Maintain productivity every hour of the day
- Quality Matters
- Only spend time on what is worth our time
- Data Drives Decisions
- We do not have time to guess
Competencies for All NCN Employees:
- Emphasizing the team over self; being willing to take and implement feedback in order to grow
- Self-motivated; having the grit to push through adversity
- High emotional intelligence; the ability to work well with others; an understanding of one’s own impact
* This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will perform other reasonably related tasks as assigned by the supervisor or other management personnel.
* Management reserves the right to change job responsibilities, duties and hours accordingly. This document is for management communication only and is not intended to imply a written or implied contract of employment.
* Neighborhood Charter Network provides equal opportunities of employment to all applicants and and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type against anyone without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.