- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Math, Science, English for Academic Purposes, Counseling
- Teaching Credential/License
- Private Medical Insurance (option Standard) for hospitalization and accident coverage
- Generous Paid Holiday - 20 days public holiday + 10 days school breaks + 18 days annual leave + 6 days sick leave
- Assistance in finding accommodation and visa application
- Quarantine expense up to 2,000 USD reimbursed
- Coach selected students to achieve or win targeted goals - math or science competitions or English for academic purposes.
- Support targeted students in the mainstream program to advance their academic achievement.
- Set up the coaching program to meet targeted goals.
- Motivate and support targeted students to achieve better academic achievement.
- Conduct and plan private tutoring to selected students to achieve set goals.
- Lead students in various academic projects and to win local and regional competitions.
- Meet/communicate with parents per school/parent request and ensure concerns about their child’s needs are addressed to the satisfaction of the parents in a timely manner.
- Be able to maintain a good and trustworthy relationship with parents, students and school leadership.
- Comply with the record keeping procedure required by the school.
- Perform other related tasks related to the student coaching program requested by the school leadership team.
Westview Cambodian International School is the great extension to secondary education from grade 7 to 12 by the passionate leadership team of Learning Jungle International School offering educational services only from preschool to grade 6. With the strong support from parents, students, staff and the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport, Westview Cambodian International School is created to offer the International Secondary program built from the world renowned American Standards of education and the Khmer language, history and culture into one unique curriculum from grades 7 to 12. Our mission is to educate Cambodian youth to become confident, equipped with global competencies while embracing their Cambodian identity, culture and values.
ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE: Students will achieve their intellectual potential by striving for and attaining the highest standards of academic excellence.
CONSCIENTIOUS LEARNERS: Students willingly apply a variety of self-reflection strategies throughout their learning processes, demonstrating the habits of a growth mindset and a strong work ethic.
WELL ROUNDED INDIVIDUALS: Students will demonstrate the fundamental characteristics of well-rounded individuals, critical thinkers and conscientious leaders, adopting the character traits of our sixteen Character Profiles.
CAMBODIAN CULTURE: Students will gain a strong understanding of Cambodian values and form an appreciation of the qualities that make up Cambodian culture and society.
GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP: Students will understand what it means to be a global citizen, and play a conscientious and proactive role in being a valuable member of a global community with a drive to make the world a better place.
CONTRIBUTING TO SOCIETY: Students will develop the skills they need to form genuine and productive relationships with people from all walks of life and to make contributions to their own communities, society and country.
Westivew is working toward international accreditations from WASC and CIS.
Teachers can find English teaching jobs in Cambodia in language schools or public school classrooms. Having a teaching certificate or TEFL certification can increase teachers’ salaries dramatically, so prospective English teachers are recommended to complete a TEFL course before applying for jobs to teach in Cambodia.