Academic Dean - KnowledgeLink - China
KnowledgeLink (KL) teaching positions are for motivated and experienced K-12 educators looking to join a growing network of schools, administrators, educators and communities dedicated to growing and shaping international education. Through our partnerships with reputable US and overseas institutions and through our independently operated KL schools, the KL network provides opportunities for a diverse range of teachers to deliver US based coursework in a college-preparatory English-medium environment. Teachers are guided by a local and regional administrative team and enjoy professional development opportunities both within the school and in the greater KL network of schools. In addition to the supportive environment and professional development opportunities, KL also offers one of the best benefits package for teachers working in China, with health insurance, and airfare.
The Academic Dean position is offered within the KL school network, which are co-operated by an accredited independent US school, KL, and an overseas school partner. Academics of the program are administered by the Head of School of the US school, who works directly with the Academic Dean or Principal located at the branch campus to ensure the quality of education. Teachers are provided a US curriculum as a guide and framework for the academic year, and design daily lesson plans and manage the classroom as they would in a typical US classroom. Students take their coursework in English and classes are led by international teachers.
Academic Dean responsibilities:
- Oversee adherence to the school’s educational philosophy, curriculum expectations, and instructional approach
- Maintain the school’s commitment to high academic standards
- Collaborate with faculty, other academic deans, and the academic team in the US on curriculum development and revision
- Oversee differentiation of school instruction to provide necessary support and challenge for students with differing needs
- Coordinate and supervise student intervention plans as needed
- Oversee monitoring and reporting processes regarding student achievement
- Develop the school calendar and schedule in consultation with the partners
- Plan classroom usage
- Review school information systems periodically to ensure data is accurate and updated in a timely manner
- Provide goal-setting, ongoing support, and feedback to school faculty
- Promote and implement professional development for school faculty
- Observe teachers per KnowledgeLink expectations and provide yearly formal evaluations
- Lead regular school faculty meetings
- Facilitate positive problem solving in resolving issues
- Participate in admissions forums, presentations, tours, open houses, etc.
- Determine the academic standards for student admission and class assignments
|Shanghai & Shenzhen , China|
|Director/Principal, College/University Faculty, University Graduate|
Principal Job Benefits
Salary: Monthly, competitive salary based on your credentials and experience
Qualifications & Requirements
|Education or related field|
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.
|Renminbi (yuan) (¥)|
|Varied: wet/dry seasons|
|Land area - 3.7 million sq. miles (9.6 million sq. km)|