- Middle School, High School
- Director/Principal, Licensed Teacher
- 5 years of teaching experience
- Secondary Education/ Math/Science
- Teaching Credential/License
- International Experience is a plus
- Good leadership skills
- Good Communication skills
- Result Oriented
- Positive Attitude
- Professional Outlook
- Quarantine Expense reimbursement up to 2,000 USD
- Private Group Health Insurance for hospitalization and accident coverage up to 50,000 USD per year
- Generous paid holiday of 54 days per year including public holiday, personal leave, sick leave, and school break
- Visa and work permit reimbursed at the completion of the contract
- Assistance in finding accommodation and visa for Cambodia
Westview Cambodian International School is a leading international school in Cambodia offering an international curriculum based on US Common Core States Standards classes from grade 6 to 12 in continuation from the sister elementary school, Learning Jungle (preschool to elementary).
The school and its faculty members are working hard toward getting international accreditations from WASC and CIS. The Academic Principal assists the School Director to ensure that the school curriculum and instruction are geared toward the achievement of school vision and mission and preparing students for international standardized tests such as IELTS and SAT and other external assessments adopted by the schools to measure the schools' success at teaching students. Please visit the school website at www.westview.edu.kh or the school Facebook page Westview Cambodian International School for more detailed information about us.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Set an academic plan with collaboration, support, and guidance provided by the school director and other leadership team,
- Contribute actively toward the achievement of school goals and improvement of the academic and extra-curricular programs,
- Collaborate with the school director, campus manager, and curriculum and accreditation coordinator to set strategic direction for the international program based on the review of student achievement data from internal and external assessments,
- Provide oversight on the curriculum, instruction, and assessment with collaboration, support, and guidance provided by the curriculum and accreditation coordinator, campus manager and school director,
- Co-lead the school toward WASC and CIS international accreditation with the curriculum and accreditation coordinator, including the responsibility of co-leading WASC and CIS Committee meetings, proposing school improvement solutions and strategies for implementation, writing relevant WASC and CIS reports, completing school evaluations, and liaising with the WASC and CIS consultants.
- Ensure implementation of actions related to Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessments in the fulfillment of requirements for gaining the WASC and CIS international accreditations
- Lead the development and improvement of curriculum, assessments, and instruction of the international program,
- Review and develop operational procedures and policies to support school operations and collaborations between staff and leadership
- Lead international teachers by example in instructional practice, including intervention and differentiation, backward-design unit and lesson planning processes, and data analysis cycles,
- Coach and offer professional development sessions to secondary teachers to adopt clear and effective pedagogy that embodies our belief that instruction must be fun, engaging, relevant, and rigorous to ensure student attainment and progress which will be demonstrated and evaluated against the NWEA MAP test, IELTS and SAT,
- Assist the school director in the teachers' observations and provide constructive feedback for improvement informally and formally during the performance appraisal,
- Lead and participate in the meeting with parents about school academic program, student learning, and well-being when requested,
- Represent the school in the media or events to promote academic programs and lead educational workshops with Parents and Students or within the school community when requested,
- Provide conducive and positive work climate and collaborate actively toward positive growth of the school,
- Be flexible and able to positively respond to the needs of a new school,
- Assist the school director in other managerial tasks related to the international program.
Westview Cambodian International School is the great extension to secondary education from grade 6 to 12 by the passionate leadership team of Learning Jungle International School offering educational services only from preschool to grade 6. With the strong support from parents, students, staff and the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport, Westview Cambodian International School is created to offer the International Secondary program built from the world renowned American Standards of education and the Khmer language, history and culture into one unique curriculum from grades 6 to 12. Our mission is to educate Cambodian youth to become confident, equipped with global competencies while embracing their Cambodian identity, culture and values.
ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE: Students will achieve their intellectual potential by striving for and attaining the highest standards of academic excellence.
CONSCIENTIOUS LEARNERS: Students willingly apply a variety of self-reflection strategies throughout their learning processes, demonstrating the habits of a growth mindset and a strong work ethic.
WELL ROUNDED INDIVIDUALS: Students will demonstrate the fundamental characteristics of well-rounded individuals, critical thinkers and conscientious leaders, adopting the character traits of our sixteen Character Profiles.
CAMBODIAN CULTURE: Students will gain a strong understanding of Cambodian values and form an appreciation of the qualities that make up Cambodian culture and society.
GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP: Students will understand what it means to be a global citizen, and play a conscientious and proactive role in being a valuable member of a global community with a drive to make the world a better place.
CONTRIBUTING TO SOCIETY: Students will develop the skills they need to form genuine and productive relationships with people from all walks of life and to make contributions to their own communities, society and country.
Westivew is working toward international accreditations from WASC and CIS.