AP European History Teacher - Guangzhou
- High School
- University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- History, World History, European History
- A Bachelor's degree with a major (or 24+ credit hours) in History or related field, Advanced degree preferred
- Must possess the required credentials to teach in your home country or state which may include a Bachelor's degree and documentation of passage of a state authorized subject test in the teaching
- Must have a minimum of 2 full years of teaching experience
- Subject matter postgraduate work (Master's or Ph.D.) is preferred or a combination of subject matter undergraduate degree with a Master’s in Education
- Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence
- Critically, an applicant must possess a high GPA in his/her major, excellent recommendations, experience working with children, not necessarily in the classroom, and be open to new ideas in teaching
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package including global health coverage, housing allowance, travel allowance, retirement benefit, and more.
BASIS International School Guangzhou is seeking qualified candidates for an AP European History teacher for the 2020-21 school year!
BASIS International teachers are part of one of the most collaborative and professional teaching communities. The flexibility over curriculum allows BASIS International teachers to motivate students to reach their highest potential while preparing them for the demands of higher education and leading them to a rewarding career and global citizenship. BASIS International teachers spend more time teaching students and teaming up with fellow educators. They thrive on the autonomy and academic freedom to create dynamic lessons that provide students with new ideas and a fresh outlook on their future.
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Teach higher level content than grade standard in an interactive learning environment to deliver exceptional results for all students
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of their academic and career success
- Implementation of BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to display your passion for the subject and educate students at an internationally competitive level
- Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about their work and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment
- Management of student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students
Our six BASIS International School campuses in China and Thailand continue the BASIS Curriculum Schools vision of delivering the gold standard of education by combining the BASIS Curriculum with highly qualified teachers who are sought after, and hired for, their deep subject matter knowledge. Our first international school, BASIS International School Shenzhen, opened in 2015 and is the flagship of a network that has seen quick expansion with its second school, BASIS International School Guangzhou, launched in 2017, and campuses in Hangzhou and Park Lane Harbour launched in 2018. In 2019, new BASIS International Schools opened in Nanjing, China, and Bangkok, Thailand. Future locations planned include Beijing, Jinan, and Shanghai, China.