- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- TESL/TEFL CertificateOther Certification
- TEFL certification required
- Fluent English speaker with a clear accent - USA, Australia, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand
- More than 2 years teaching experience in an International Curriculum
- With Z visa in China now
- Working for 40 hours per week
- 5 days per week from Monday to Friday
- Renewal Bonus
- Housing Allowance
- Airfare Allowance: 10000CNY per year
- Paid Holidays:
- Chinese Public Holidays
- Winter & Summer Vacation
- International health insurance
- Pick-up service
- To comply with all Handbooks and policies as set out by The MacDuffie School.
- To plan and deliver high quality lessons as set out within the schedule of assigned classes.
- To follow the appropriate Syllabus, Curriculum and Assessment Schedule.
- To deliver all assessments appropriately.
- To develop and use suitable supplementary material.
- To teach lessons that cater to the level and needs of the students.
- To monitor the learning and achievement of the students and to adapt lessons accordingly.
- To be responsible of all student progress within the class, activity or team.
- To be proactive in improving teaching and learning, both within own practice and within the school.
- To attend and complete all assigned training.
- To substitute for absent colleagues as required.
- To integrate the CIRCLE values into lessons and activities.
- To attend all meeting assigned.
- To attend student recruitment events and activities as required and described within the contract and policies.
- To assist in placement testing and interviewing of potential new students.
- To maintain all class and grade records.
- To deliver demonstration classes, individual student support, Homeroom activities and relevant training as required.
- To keep the work facilities well organized and in good condition.
- To organise, supervise and deliver Art activities and events as required by the School.
- To be responsible for a minimum of 2 Art Clubs.
MacDuffie Schools China are private schools for Chinese students situated in the major cities of Shanghai, Nanjing and Tianjin. The first school was founded in 2013 and they are American Curriculum Schools, delivering the curriculum in English and following the requirements laid out by the American Common Core Curriculum.
The schools are going through a period of expansion and require teachers in all subject areas. All classrooms are equipped with internet, Smart Boards, and wireless projection systems. The schools are iPad schools and provide all teachers with an iPad as well as access to computer facilities. All resources are from the US and are up to date.
MacDuffie China is a partner of the MacDuffie Education group. There are MacDuffie Schools in Tianjin, Nanjing, Shanghai and Granby Massachusetts.