Assistant Director of Daycare Center
- Early Childhood
- Associate/2-year Diploma
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Early Childhood Education
- Previous experience as an early childhood director/assistant director or in a similar role.
- Degree in early childhood education.
- Paid Visa
- Medical Insurance
- Round trip airfare from point of origin provided by employer.
- Paid studio apartment.
We are seeking an assistant director for the daycare center at SQU. The position will initially be an assistant role but the chosen candidate will assume the role of director of the daycare after the first year of employment.
- Ability to foster a healthy learning environment for children
- Excellent knowledge and skills in early childhood learning and methodology
- Set comprehensive learning goals for students
- Bilingual preferred (English and Arabic)
- Oversee day-to-day operations
- Supervise and evaluate staff
- Provide professional learning opportunities to teachers
- Ability to problem-solve in a fast-paced environment
- Adhere to local authority rules for safety/Handle emergencies
- Employ excellent communication and interaction skills with all stakeholders
- Manage school budget and personnel protocols
If you meet these criteria and you’re passionate about leading the education of young children, we’d like to meet you.
Sarh Al Jaameah Private School (SAPS), in Muscat, Oman, opened in September 2019. The school will serve grades 1 through 5 during the 2021-2022 school year. The school was born out of the vision of the Sultan Qaboos University and seeks to be a beacon in the private school community.
SAPS is an extension of the university, and it will have access to various supports, including faculty from colleges of diverse disciplines. As international educators, you’ll join a richly diverse team of professionals with vast experiences that will translate into service-learning, real-world application, subjects and content of interest for students to explore and experiment in and the opportunity to leave your indelible mark as the founding teachers and leaders. You will be part of a new school initiative, which will welcome your gifts and talents. There is ample room for professional growth and opportunities to be creative and flexible in approaches to learning. This is an exciting project, which encourages the innovative juices to flow and impact children and the school community.