Certified English Tutor (Remote)
- University, All Levels
- University Graduate, Licensed Teacher, ESL Instructor, College/University Faculty
- 2 years of teaching experience
- TESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hoursTESL/TEFL CertificateTESL/TEFL Diploma LevelOther Certification
- TEFL certification required
What you need to become a Preply tutor:
- Proficiency in English
- A University degree or Certificate to teach English (TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, DELTA, etc), or equivalent qualification in English language teaching
- Experience teaching one-on-one classes with proven results, preferably online
- Experience providing comprehensive materials and resources to meet students’ needs
- A high-speed internet connection
- Be energetic, patient, responsible and cheerful
What's in it for you:
- Flexibility. Set your own price and schedule and teach from anywhere in the world.
- Connect with learners around the world. We have hundreds of thousands of students actively learning on Preply, from every country in the world.
- Manage your business effectively. We provide business management tools so you can focus entirely on teaching.
- Conduct your lessons with ease. We designed your virtual teaching space to help you manage your students and bring your lessons to life.
- Learn and improve with other tutors. We provide the most professional development opportunities and connect you with other tutors to help you improve and learn new teaching techniques and approaches.
At Preply, we are building a global marketplace to unlock human potential through learning. Currently, Preply connects 30,000+ tutors with hundreds of thousands students from every country in the world.
We are looking for dedicated, enthusiastic, and passionate online English teachers to coach and tutor students online and help them achieve their language learning goals.
What you’ll do as a Preply tutor:
- Teach English online to Preply students all over the world, on your own schedule & at your own price
- Create your own lesson plans or use Preply’s curriculum for your lessons with your students
- Use Preply’s integrated calendar to set your availability and schedule lessons with students
- Access training and professional development through Preply’s Tutor Academy and regular webinars
- Change the lives of students all over the world!
To apply, be ready with the following:
- A short description of yourself
- Your best headshot
- A description of your strengths as a tutor
- A short video introduction to let students get to know you (you can record this on the Preply platform when you apply)
- A digital copy of your certifications and/or diploma to be uploaded
- Your schedule & availability
Once registered, the Preply team will evaluate your profile and activate it within 3 working days.
Tutors on Preply are independent contractors. Being a Tutor on the Preply platform means you are subject to Preply's Terms of Service, which you will be able to access on our website.
Preply is a fast-growing tech company shaping the future of effective learning. We are an online learning platform that connects students with tutors, primarily focusing on language learning. Our mission is to make learning as convenient, affordable, and enjoyable as possible.
We believe that the most effective learning happens with a live tutor and we enhance that human-driven experience with smart tech solutions. Currently, Preply connects over 30,000 tutors with hundreds of thousands of students from every country in the world.
Great products are only built by great people. Since Preply’s creation, our team has gathered more than 300 people and 35 nationalities.
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds can thrive. We believe that the presence of different opinions and viewpoints is a key ingredient for our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company. That means that Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.