Deputy Head of the Early Years
- Early Childhood
- Director/Principal, Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Fluent English-speaking teacher
- Good command of other languages and experience in multilingual, multicurricular settings will be an asset
- Early years certification required
- Early Years Managing Experience required (2 years minimum)
- Passionate about education of 1 to 6 years olds
- Only kind, caring, collaborative teachers need apply
- Tuition waiver for age appropriate children
- Housing provided by school
- Inbound and outbound transportation allowance at the beginning and at the end of the contract
- Public and partly private health care
- Yearly professional development
- Retirement Plan
- Meals at the school canteen
The International Trilingual School of Warsaw, Poland is currently recruiting for a Deputy Head of the Early Years for September 2021.
The main role of the head of the early years is to maintain communication with the parents, manage the group of teachers and cooperate with the lead teachers each age section and teach an early years group in English.
- Communication with the parents:
- Maintain an up-to-date communication aiming to engage parents in their child’s life and cooperate with them on the development of crucial life educational skills
Manage the team of teachers coming from English, Spanish, French, Chinese, Japanese and Polish speaking countries
- assure the fulfilment of curriculum goals by the teachers
- recruit teachers for the early years section
- cooperate with the lead teachers
- Planning lessons and sequences of lessons to meet student’s individual learning needs and to ensure student’s progression.
- Using a range of appropriate strategies for teaching and learning and classroom management.
- Use flexible groupings and structured inquiry to deliver high quality lessons in line of our curriculum.
- Maintain a well organised and stimulating learning environment.
- Using information about prior attainment to set expectations for students.
- Using a range of assessment and reporting methods that show student’s achievement in relation to learning outcomes.
- Providing clear and constructive feedback to students and their parents and caregivers.
Wider professional roles:
- Planning and engaging in professional learning activities that support school and systematic priorities.
- Taking responsibility for own professional development and using the outcomes to improve teaching and students’ learning.
- Making an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school.
- Ensuring administration of classroom procedures are completed efficiently.
- Collaborating with members of the school community to build a team environment that supports students’ learning.
The International Trilingual School of Warsaw (ITSW), was created in response to an ever-growing need in Warsaw for private, international education and a specific demand for bilingual and trilingual programs. ITSW is the only school in the area to offer a curriculum in 3 different languages.Depending on the age of the students and the campus we offer instruction in three main language combinations:
-English, Polish and French
-English, Polish and Spanish
-English, Polish and Mandarin
-French, English and Polish
Students attending The International Trilingual School of Warsaw, are emerged in 3 languages. This means they learn subject matter in 3 different languages, essentially as native speakers. This opens doors for them beyond anybody’s imagination. A student graduation from The International Trilingual School of Warsaw, can continue his/her studies in any system, in any country because, our curriculum is based on 5 different educational systems.
The American Curriculum, the Finnish Curriculum, the British Curriculum, the Polish Curriculum, the French Curriculum and the International Baccalaureate Curriculum.
We took the best from each of these curricula, and professionally created a curriculum that makes all other schools envious. It is a rigorous and demanding curriculum that challenges students to rise above the rest and become the best version of themselves they can be.
In the nursery and preschool curriculum is proportionally taught in three languages but following common standards. In the primary school some subjects are taught trilingually and some bilingually.
All of our teaching and classroom support staff are qualified, experienced and hold a recognized university degree in their chosen field as well as an appropriate teaching qualification. Most have previously taught in the international education system and all are involved in regular professional development. Thanks to our low student to teacher ratio, ITSW teachers are able to adapt their methods and teaching styles to suit the needs of individual pupils. They also maintain incentive schemes to ensure that students of all ages remain highly motivated in both their academic work and other activities
Teach abroad in Poland and delve into the complex history and energetic culture of one of Europe’s fastest educationally developing countries.