Early Childhood Educator
- Early Childhood
- University Graduate
- Associate/2-year Diploma
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Early Childhood Educator Preferred
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate
- Bachelor degree/TEFL/TESOL
- Diploma/degree in Early Childhood Education is a plus
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Medical assessment
- Must speak English fluently
- Candidates with international experience is a plus
- Native English speakers preferred
- Must love working with young children
- Willingness to learn and improve teaching skills
- Must be punctual and have a high sense of responsibility
- Must be well organized, honest, patient, have a positive attitude and have a good work ethic
- 18 days paid leave/year including 6 days of paid sick leave/year
- Public holidays paid (up to 23) + 2 weeks semester breaks paid
- Visa and Work Permit reimbursed upon completion of contract
- Round trip airfare is reimbursed upon completion of contract
- Medical allowance provided
- Assistance in finding accommodation
- Airport pick up provided
- Initial training and on-going coaching provided by an experienced Coordinator
Learning Jungle International Preschool is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Elementary School Teacher to teach children from 2y to 5y.
- Prepare documents and lesson plans based on school requirement and program
- Prepare report cards and meet parents during the parent-teacher meeting conference
- Make sure the student learning is up to the curriculum expectations
- Make sure to maintain a safe, clean, caring and loving environment for your students during their stay at school
- Manage a group of teaching assistants who will help you in the classroom
- Be able to work professionally with team members and students from different cultural backgrounds
- Meet with parents to update them about the student progress per parent or school request
- Participate in the events and meeting as required by the school ( maximum 2 to 3 times per year)
- Discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings
- Being responsible for maintaining a safe, clean, stimulating environment for children in the assigned classroom and for the school
About Learning Jungle International School (in Cambodia)
Cambodia is a rapidly developing economy in South-East Asia with a very young population. The new generation of Cambodian families understand the importance of education and international exposure for their children and increasingly enroll their children in international preschools and elementary schools to gain that edge.
The Elementary School Campus (in Phnom Penh) is the second Learning Jungle International School in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, has classrooms that cater to children from Grade 1 to Grade 6. The school also boasts a computer lab, a library, a swimming pool and an outdoor playground.
The Kindergarten Campus (also in Phnom Penh) has classrooms that cater to children from 2y to 5y. It also has an outdoor playground and a wading pool for children.
About Learning Jungle School
Learning Jungle Schools in Canada are licensed by the Ministry of Education and are proud providers of quality early childhood education in the communities they serve.
From carefully designed early learning environments that are age-appropriate and well-equipped, to trained teachers who develop stimulating programs for their children, a Learning Jungle School is a place where parents bring their child to an environment that fosters curiosity, initiative, independence as well as their child’s cognitive, physical, social and emotional development. Learning Jungle School provides Children’s Education and Care All under One Roof.
Cambodia is a tropical country blessed with year-round warm weather, fine beaches (Phnom Penh is not far from the sea) and friendly folk and relatively low cost of living. International visitors to Cambodia all come back home with great memories and a life-changing experience.
Cambodia is also home to the Angkor Wat a 12th century Hindu temple that is considered a UN World Heritage Site and one of the archaeological wonders of the world. The national language in Cambodia is Khmer but in Phnom Penh the capital city having many expatriates, communicating in English is not a problem.
Learning Jungle International School is a proud provider of quality education and care for children and families in the communities it serves. Guided by our centre policies and procedures that are rigorously implemented, our centres provide the highest Canadian standards of quality education and a learning environment that continually exceed the most stringent requirements of local legislation.
All Learning Jungle Schools are licensed and monitored by the local authority responsible for enforcing legislation for schools and learning centres. This ensures that our centres comply with very specific rules and regulations from the local Public Health, Fire Department, Department of Education and Children's Services.
The teachers at Learning Jungle School meet and often exceed the necessary qualifications required; with each room having a qualified E.C.E. (Early Childhood Educator) or teacher with a Bachelor of Education. We actively support and encourage professional growth for all our staff.
In addition to our high standards reflected in our teachers, centre environment, programming and services, we are distinct from other elementary schools and early learning centres through our commitment to delivering a differentiated parent involvement experience supported by our technology. In a Learning Jungle School, parents are always "In touch, Never away and Always connected", providing the constant assurance and confidence that their child is being taken good care of.
Teachers can find English teaching jobs in Cambodia in language schools or public school classrooms. Having a teaching certificate or TEFL certification can increase teachers’ salaries dramatically, so prospective English teachers are recommended to complete a TEFL course before applying for jobs to teach in Cambodia.