Early & Primary Years Teacher
- Early Childhood, Elementary
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate
- 5 years of teaching experience
- Native or near-native English speaker
- Experience of teaching in primary school
- Teaching degree
- Organization, proactivity and initiative, kindness, patience
- Capacity to work with a team and to integrate a new class/level quickly
- Computer skills necessary
- Knowledge of French language is helpful
- No need for strong knowledge of the French curriculum
- Private health insurance
- Full airfare reimbursement for a roundtrip/school year
Under the authority of the Head of School, the teacher's main mission is to provide students with knowledge and attitudes in order to develop skills in the subject.
- Teaching the English Language and all the subjects of primary years (mathematics, science, arts, etc...) in English
- Designing and implementing learning or teaching situations based on French programs and standards
- Ensuring students acquire skills including capacities, attitudes and procedural knowledge
- Leading the class and foster students’ interest and participation
- Provide personalised monitoring of students by working closely with their family and participate in their educational project
- Contributing to teamwork
- Contributing to the operation of the school and its growth (involvement in projects and events, etc...)
- Exercise of specific functions (coordination, projects, co-teaching, and so on)
- Full-time job under the Romanian law
- Remuneration will be based on the company salary scale
- Starting date: End of August 2020
The French International School of Bucharest (EFI Bucharest) is a French school belonging to the Odyssey School Network.
Opened in September 2019, EFI Bucharest offers a trilingual education (French, English, Romanian), based on the French official programs.
This year, the school will open classes ranging from Pre-Kindergarden (3 years old) to year 2 (8 years old). The school will gradually open additional classes until the end of secondary school with the French Baccalaureate Examination. EFI Bucharest combines French academic excellence and the dynamism of Anglo-Saxon and international schools. This combination of the ‘best of two words’ is a unique pedagogical model.
Romania’s cities are quickly establishing themselves as major cultural centers in Europe, while its pristine countryside retains a feeling of old-world romance. Teaching in Romania is a chance to live in a beautiful, friendly, and rapidly-developing nation.