Early Years Lead Teacher
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Early Years Lead Teacher to join our international Kindergarten. The Early Years Lead Teacher is responsible for the academic and social-emotional growth and development of all children in their classroom. Our programs are divided into toddler (18 months–3 years) and preschool/Pre-K (3-5 years) age classrooms. The Early Years Lead Teacher develops partnerships with parents/caregivers to engage and encourage their participation in the program. The Early Years Lead Teacher is also responsible for assuring compliance regarding all children’s personal and school internal information and works collegially with other staff members of House of Knowledge.
Duties and responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage classroom with up to 20 children
- Plan and deliver project units based on the International Early Years Curriculum and Reggio Emilia, utilizing a broad range of appropriate techniques, strategies and materials
- Schedule, plan and conduct fieldtrips, school events and extracurricular activities
- Academic assessment and portfolio documentation
- Maintain partnership and effective home-school communication with parents/caregivers
- Maintain team meetings, support, guidance and be a role model for other teaching staff
- Ensure a safe, healthy, exciting, challenging and collaborative learning environment
Qualifications and Requirements
|Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field|