Early Years Teacher
- Early Childhood
- Licensed Teacher, College/University Faculty, University Graduate, ESL Instructor
- Associate/2-year Diploma
- 1 year of teaching experience
- ESL Young Learners
- Fluent English speaker
- Valid Teaching Certificate
- High Energy and Professional Attitude
- Good Communication skills
- Positive Attitude, Mature Outlook, Responsible, Dependable, Integrity, Teamwork
- Private Medical Insurance provided
- Generous paid holiday: 18 days annual leave + 6 days sick leave + 2 weeks school break + 20 days public holiday
- Assistance in finding accommodation and applying for a visa to Cambodia
- Visa and work permit reimbursed at the completion of the contract
- Demonstrate an understanding of and love for young children and enthusiasm for developing a happy, creative atmosphere for the students,
- Ensure the teaching quality of his/her classroom meet the high standards of the school curriculum,
- Prepare lesson plans and ensure that the lesson plan of her classroom follows the school curriculum,
- Write report cards and conduct parent-teacher meetings two times per year
- Evaluate the progress of students and discuss progress results with Students, Parents, and the School Management team,
- Ensure and maintain a safe and stimulating environment for students in/her classrooms,
- Promote and implement positive behavior management within his/her classrooms,
- Provide supervision and guidance to promote growth in all developmental domains per school curriculum,
- Build and maintain a good and professional relationship and communication with Parents, Students, Staff, and Supervisors,
- Lead, manage and coordinate the Teacher Assistants of his/her classrooms to ensure that his/her classroom program follows the classroom goals and school curriculum,
- Assign and correct homework and observation reports
- Comply with the school record keeping requirements,
- Attend weekly meetings, professional development, and school events as requested,
- Perform other tasks requested.
Learning Jungle International School is a proud provider of quality education and care for children and families in the communities it serves. Guided by our centre policies and procedures that are rigorously implemented, our centres provide the highest Canadian standards of quality education and a learning environment that continually exceed the most stringent requirements of local legislation.
Our promise is to create a positive learning environment where children have a sense of belonging and well-being.
At Learning Jungle, we recognize that early childhood is an extraordinary time that sets the stage for all the years to follow.
We believe:All children are capable, curious and full of potential Children learn best through developmentally appropriate programs Parent engagement is important in a child’s development. A child’s progress should be measurable
Our promise is to create a positive learning environment where children have a sense of belonging and well-being. We offer programs that encourage creativity, focus and engagement to support optimal development (social, emotional, language, cognitive and physical).
We ensure:Educators engage families regularly to understand and discuss each child’s individual needs Educators plan activities and lesson plans to foster every child’s learning through exploration, play and inquiry Families have opportunities to learn and provide feedback about their child’s progress by accessing online portfolios that showcase lesson plans, pictures and daily reports Educators are provided teacher training, and are supported by our Learning Jungle Expert Group and technology Physical environments are safe, healthy and inviting