ECC&KG English Teacher - Guiyang Campus
- Early Childhood, Elementary
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- English/Education/Early childhood learning
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hours
- Current knowledge in the field of Early Childhood Education
- Ability to relate in a positive and friendly, warm, and courteous manner
- Makes strong connections with people across Asian and Western cultures
- Demonstrate success in working as a member of a team
- Effective and strong communication skills (orally and written)
Dependent upon qualifications and experience;
- End-of-Contract: Upon satisfactory completion of the Employee’s contract, the Employee is entitled to a completion bonus of 10% percent of annual base salary of the most recent year worked
- Master/Hard-to-Fill Stipend
- Joining and summer holiday travel airfare
- Chinese Public holidays & Winter Holiday& Spring Holiday&Summer Holiday&Marriage & Bereavement & Sick & Maternity & Paternity leave
- Housing: School will provide the employee with a furnished apartment close to school
- Moving allowance: US$300-S$1000
- Medical: School will provide medical insurance coverage for the employee and his/her authorized dependent(s) in mainland China
- Schooling: The school will be responsible for the cost of registration, capital levy, and tuition fees for the Employee’s school-aged children at BIBA
- Professional Development
- The school will apply and pay for a valid work visa cost
- Airport pick-up upon arrival, team building, Chinese traditional holiday gift, etc
The Early Years English Teacher encourages the physical, social, cognitive and academic development of each student in a safe and supportive environment. He/ she is a passionate educator who models and supports the growth of fundamental virtues of love, respect, curiosity, interest and harmony. He/ she strives to create a student-centered environment and participates in continuous reflection and improvement of learning and teaching practices.
- Oversees the educational welfare of his/ her students
- Develops positive relationships with every student
- Demonstrates professional competence and vision
- Conducts regular team meetings with Chinese Lead teacher and Chinese assistant teacher(s) to reflect on learning and teaching practices and continuously improve them
- Evaluates students' progress in learning with in accordance with BIBA criteria
- Completes all required documentation and reports
- Provides day-to-day supervision and support to teaching assistants
- Actively participates in departmental and school-wide events
- Prepares and hosts parent information evenings and parents conferences
- Issues weekly newsletters to parents
- Remains professional and approachable for any parent concerns and/or feedback
- Establishes ongoing parent communications to ensure parents are well informed of their child and their development.
- Communicates through ECC approved channel of communication
- Meets regularly with team leader to review curriculum plans and activities and evaluate program’s effectiveness
- Helps parents to understand the curriculum and find ways to involve parents in the daily program.
- Attends all meetings (i.e. staff meetings & parent meetings) consistently and punctually
- Models and encourages cultural awareness and understanding
- Creates lesson and unit plans
- Clearly defines the purpose for all learning activities.
- Plans teaching-learning experiences that help each student successfully achieve the stated outcomes.
- Plans a variety of teaching strategies to match the learning styles of all students.
- Organizes class time with activities that have a clear purpose and engage students' attention
- Uses media and technology to enhance lesson delivery and student performance.
- Participates in improving the quality of the educational programs in the school
- Utilizes all available resources to provide a stimulating and enriching program.
- Plans monthly field trips
- Records and maintains information on each child’s progress and development in their growth files
- Maintains all classroom equipment (including all toys, books, games, furniture, etc.)
- Ensures the classrooms physical environment is arranged, safe, and attractive manner
- Provides a positive classroom atmosphere (displays, warmth, arrangement of furniture, etc.) that fosters community
- Clearly defines responsible behavior for their students, including guidelines and consequences for good and bad student behavior in the classroom
- Encourages students to become accountable in keep the school clean, neat and tidy
- Establishes well-defined classroom routines and procedures
- Maintains accurate records for student grades, behavior and attendance
- Appropriately displays classroom projects and relevant classroom information
BIBA is one of the fastest growing international schools in Beijing, with over 1600 students from 30 different countries. Our vision is to be the model for developing internationally-minded bilingual ambassadors, who promote inter-cultural understanding, respect and integration in a dynamic global community. The school is deeply rooted in appreciation of Chinese culture and is dedicated to global citizenship in the world’s historic journey towards a united human community.
Teachers enjoy a rich community life with many teaching families, children, and singles, who plan and participate in various events and activities. There is a very active PTA, which runs an on-site PTA Cafe for teachers and students to enjoy lattes, delicious cakes, and lunch snacks.
We are in Shunyi, a fast growing suburb of Beijing. There is a shopping mall within walking distance, which includes Starbucks, GAP, UNIQLO, a movie theatre, and much more. 15 minutes from the Airport and close to public transport allowing for easy access to exploring the rich culture and destinations of Beijing and China.