Elementary Engineering Teacher - Bangkok
BASIS International School Bangkok is seeking qualified candidates for Primary Engineering Teacher for the 2019-2020 school year!
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS International teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance. Our primary classrooms are taught by two teachers--one Subject Expert Teacher (SET) and one Learning Expert Teacher (LET).
BASIS International Primary Subject Expert Teachers are able to focus their teaching on a specific subject rather than preparing lessons for several subjects every day. They work collaboratively with Learning Expert Teachers (LETs) to cultivate a joyful learning culture where hard work is celebrated and where intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary student outcomes. At the primary level, LETs help you focus on instruction while they ensure individual student understanding according to student needs. As an Engineering Subject Expert Teacher, it is primarily your responsibility to develop engaging, content-rich subject specific lesson plans and to teach creative thinking and problem solving.
Primary Engineering teachers stimulate and encourage students' natural curiosity while teaching foundational engineering and design concepts. Teachers have the freedom to present and teach the concepts in their own way, and are encouraged to bring a creative and fresh approach to the classroom. Students beginning in Kindergarten learn about simple and complex machines, design constraints, design modification, and ultimately, how engineering helps to solve problems. A teacher's passion can spark a lifetime of interest and learning, and we encourage our Subject Expert Teachers to allow their enthusiasm for their subject to inspire their students.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare subject specific lessons in Engineering for primary aged students
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment and delivering exceptional results for all students
- Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students' education is at an internationally competitive level
- Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to form a community of smart, talented, and interesting people who are passionate about education and readily willing to work in a professional academic environment
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students' academic and career success
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students
|Licensed Teacher, University Graduate|
|Early Childhood, Elementary|
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, housing allowance, and more. Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
Qualifications and Requirements
Teach in Thailand and enjoy a tropical climate, and world-renowned tourism industry. Thailand offers exciting adventure and professional experience for interested educators looking to teach English overseas.
Known as the ‘Land of a Thousand Smiles,’ Thailand embraces a rich diversity of cultures and traditions, and is host to an inviting tropical climate with beaches heralded as the most beautiful in the world.