Elementary Homeroom Teacher
- Licensed Teacher
- Teaching Credential/License
- Teachers who hold valid, unexpired teaching licenses from at least one of the following jurisdictions are prefered: Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, and/or New Zealand
Our housing package coupled with a very reasonable cost of living out here in Huaqiao (as opposed to living right in downtown Shanghai) make our competetive salary that much more attractive!
Speaking of The City of Shanghai, although we are a ways out from the City Center (and actually in the next province over - pretty much just over the line!), you can hop on the subway (+/-15 minute taxi ride from the school) and be in Downtown Shanghai in about 1.25-1.5 hours. Hence, weekend trips to Shanghai, which could invovle staying overnight in any of the city's numerous world-class hotels (including Shaghai's world-famous Disney Resort!), are a frequent event that Kang Chiao teachers participate in.
School provided housing or housing package (you can choose!)
Free lunch at school (must order in advance)
Tuition benefit for dependent children (other school fees apply)
Basic medical insurance in provided
Probably the biggest benefit = ability to really utilize your creative spirit as a teacher and root yourself in a school that is still relatively young and poised for growth (ideally with you here being an active part of that growth and development)!
NOTE: Applicants MUST possess a recognized, valid, unexpired teaching license to apply for this position. TEFL Certification by itself does not qualify in this case.
Kang Chiao International School, East China Campus is seeking dynamic and motivated licensed teachers to fill several Elementary Homeroom openings beginning the 2019-2020 school year (teacher report date is Aug. 1).
The International Class is the Elementary School sub-section (Grades 1-5) of Kang Chiao where our foreign-passport-holding Elementary School students attend school in an English-medium environment (apart from designated Chinese subject periods) with a foreign-hire, English-speaking Homeroom Teacher and a local hire, Bilingual (Mandarin and English)Co-Teacher.
The basic requirements of the Elementary Homeroom Teacher on a week-by-week basis would be to:
- Be in-charge of a homeroom of between 20-25 students and teach them English (Language Arts), Math, and Inquiry (Science and Social Studies)
- Willfully and happily accept the fact that YOU will be a pioneer in building and implementing curriculum, procedures, and other systems in both your Homeroom as well as throughout the whole I.C. (International Class). KCISEC is only in its 5th year of operation at the time of posting this ad - you would truly be a pioneer, innovator, and problem solver in your role!
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues in a dignified, professional, and respectful manner
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanor, and attitude at all times
- Work in a fast-paced, high-energy work environment
- Assign, collect, check, and maintain clear records of assignments
- Form trusting, professional bonds with students and parents
- Put students and their families first
- Be excited about building a school and its programs!
In order to receive "credit" on the Kang Chiao payscale for prior years of teaching experience, formal letters from each of your previous schools' HR Departments stating the time period you worked there and in what capacity must be presented to Kang Chiao at the time of hire (during the inital contract drafting phase).
KCISEC is a private K-12 school. We are located 45 minutes outside of Shanghai. Our school’s population is 5,000. We are an IB authorized and AP approved school. KCISEC follows American Curriculum, using Common Core Standards for both English and Math. Our Science Department has begun to implement the Next Generation Science Standards. Our Social Studies department has adopted the UCLA History Standards. The High School Program (G9- G12) at KCISEC is designed to prepare students for college and university admission.