- 3 years of teaching experience
- BA Degree in a relevant field and advanced training
- Bilingual English/Arabic with a 3rd language would be seen as an asset
- Minimum of three years’ teaching or Library experience
- Health Care
- Child Tuition Waiver
- Housing Allowance
- Ticket Allowance
- To create a warm, positive student-centered library.
- To operate and supervise the library to which it is assigned.
- To interface with classroom teachers in preparing and presenting library skill lessons.
- To develop and implement reading and research incentive programs.
- To evaluate, select and requisite new library supplies.
- To assist teachers in the selection of books and other instructional materials and makes library materials available to supplement the instructional program.
- To keep teachers and other staff members informed about new materials.
- To maintain a comprehensive and efficient system for cataloging all library materials and instructs teachers and students on use of the system.
- To maintain an annual inventory of all library materials.
- To work with teachers in planning those assignments likely to lead to extended use of library resources.
- To promote appropriate conduct of behavior of students using library facilities.
- To chair the library committee.
- To provide guidance to students in selecting books and other library materials.
- Arranges frequently changing book-related displays and exhibits likely to interest those using the library.
- To develop and enhance a technological component in the library.
The Arab International Academy was founded in Doha, Qatar in 2016 with the goal of establishing a high-level private international school that provides a challenging and well-rounded international educational experience. To achieve that goal, we have drawn on the very best of international thinking in our choice of curriculum and approaches to 21st century teaching and learning. AIA is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for the Diploma Programme (DP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP) and the Primary Years Program (PYP).
Because we know that it is when employees are comfortable and feeling good about the work they are doing that they do their best work, we strive to make sure that you are as comfortable as possible while working in Doha. In addition to paying for your visas and medical exams, we have a great team to help you through the process of settling down in Qatar.
Once you are here, we will help you settle into your private apartment and help you take those first steps toward making Doha your home. We will provide bus service between your housing and the school and will organize shopping excursions on a regular basis. Our hope is that once you come to school, your living situation will be organized to the point that you will be fully available to give your colleagues and students your best. In order to help you with that, we have a full slate of professional development activities planned and will also differentiate your learning to meet, as much as possible, your individual needs.
Our hope is to create a dynamic, interesting, and respectful environment for both students and staff, a learning environment that no one will want to leave.