Elementary School Counselor
- Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Psychology, Counselling, Education, Behaviour
- Candidates holding valid and relevant New York State teacher certification preferred
- 2 years of recent post-certification teaching experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, ideally a Bachelor or Masters of Education in relevant field
- Candidates must have experience of teaching in a US district school offering the Common Core State Standards (New York State experience preferred)
- Native English speaker
- Tax-free salary paid on a scale linked to teaching experience up to 13,000 AED per month
- Housing Allowance or Accommodation Provided
- End of service gratuity
- Joining and departure economy class flights to/from Dubai to home of record for self
- Annual flights from to home of record [Economy class] for self, taken once during annual leave
- UAE medical insurance for self
- 2,000 AED settling-in allowance
- 2 year renewable contract with satisfactory performance evaluation
- Visa processing costs (excluding document certification) for self
- Excellent career and leadership prospects
Join the Ignite School community in Dubai and you will have the unique opportunity to shape the school culture, develop practices and experience living in the UAE.
Vibrant and dynamic teachers are required for this highly regarded and performing, international US curriculum school in Dubai. This is an international community that requires a cultural tolerance and a differentiated delivery that reflects cultural, academic and English language differences. Energy and commitment are key attributes and teachers are expected to deliver beyond the call of duty and immerse themselves into an active school community.
Interviews will be conducted through Skype.
Ignite School offers a KG1 to Grade 12, American education experience leading to a High School Diploma for Emirati and expatriate students. The Ignite School curriculum aligns to the New York State Learning Standards, which includes the New York State P-12 Common Core Learning Standards as well as KHDA guidelines.
We are a new school that commenced classes in September 2018 for over 120 students in KG1 (Pre-K) to Grade 5. In 2019/20 we opened our Middle School with Grade 6 classes and in 2020/21 we will open Grade 7 classes. We project an enrollment of around 850 students for September 2020. Eventually we will offer a KG1 to Grade 12, American education experience leading to a High School Diploma for over 2,000 Emirati and expatriate students.
Join the burgeoning Ignite School community in Dubai and you will have the unique opportunity to shape school culture, develop practice and experience living in the UAE.