Elementary School Guidance Counselor
- Early Childhood, Elementary
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Must have a Master's degree in Counseling.
- Prior experience as an Elementary School Counselor or related experience is required.
- Annual home leave (summer break) cash allowance (equivalent of return economy class airfare to point-of-origin)
- Furnished accommodation: allocation based upon family size and availability, AUS provides utilities and transportation to and from work
We are seeking an Elementary Counselor who will:
- Utilize leadership, advocacy, and collaboration, promote student success, provide preventive services, and respond to identified student needs.
- Implement a comprehensive school counseling program that addresses academic, personal, social, and emotional development for all students.
- Under the direction of the school Principal, the Elementary Counselor will provide behavioral and educational counseling to individuals and small groups of students, including classroom presentations;
- Assist students in understanding and seeking solutions to social, emotional, or academic problems and issues; serve as a resource pertaining to student behavior management strategies, and other related functions as required.
- Help students develop social skills and succeed in school.
- Provide education, prevention and intervention services, which are integrated into all aspects of students’ lives.
As the premier Pre-K to Grade 12 private school in Kuwait, American United School (AUS) strives to be “A Better Choice” for the children of Kuwait nationals and expatriates, alike. Located in Sabah Al Salem, Kuwait, AUS is a purpose-built campus with state of amenities.
Not only is AUS dedicated to providing the best education for our students, but we are also committed to providing top-notch professional development opportunities for its educators. We provide resources, ongoing learning opportunities, and support for educators to develop the knowledge and skills needed to improve instruction. This blended support is provided by external partners, school leaders, instructional coaches, grade-level chairs, and content team leaders.
In May of 2018, American United School achieved the rare 10-year International Accreditation designation from the Council of International Schools (CIS) and by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA-CESS) for the period of May 2018 to May 2028.