- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- International teaching experience required.
- Basic Spanish
- Teaching experience in Latin America is preferred.
- Project-based learning experience preferred.
- Aid for Rent
- Daily nutritious lunch on campus
- International Private Health Insurance
- Paid summer, winter, and spring vacations
- Three personal days
- Six sick days
- December bonus
- On-campus parking
- Ongoing personnel training
- Guadalajara orientation service upon arrival
- 1 round-trip flight back home each school year
- Shared cost of working visa
- To uphold the mission and vision of the Hábitat Learning Community.
- Collaborate in creating a true learning community.
- Provide his/her students with safe learning experiences consistent with their level of development.
- To welcome children and parents, making himself/herself available to them 30 minutes before the children arrived at Hábitat Learning Community.
- Keep systematic records of the interests of his/her students to carry out research projects with them based on those interests
- Conduct research projects aimed at developing skills among his/her students and at creating new knowledge based on the Reggio Emilia educational approach, using a socio-constructivist approach to education.
- Systematically document the research projects conducted with the children to track and demonstrate their learning processes.
- Develop schedules and routines during the school day to ensure that the children have sufficient cognitive, physical, and social engagement, allowing time for free and structured play as a learning tool
- Prepare reports on the development of skills and competencies for his/her students, to be delivered to parents on three occasions during the school cycle
- Closely observe his/her students and report to the office of pedagogical coordination of the learning community any signs of problems in any student's social, emotional, physical, or cognitive development to provide that student with the necessary support.
- Meet with his/her students' parents, both in groups and one-on-one, during the school cycle.
- Participate in any professional development activities required by the administration of the learning community.
- Conduct monthly and weekly planning of the activities and projects to be conducted with his/her students
- Supervise his/her students whenever they are present on campus to guarantee their safety
- Remain up to date on innovative teaching methods and trends in education to enrich his/her educational approach.
- To act with kindness and empathy toward all members of the learning community.
- Adhere to his/her working schedule and arrive on time every day.
- Build and promote close relations between all members of the learning community and the broader community.
- Demonstrate habits for lifelong learning.
- Bachelor's Degree in a field related to education or psychology. (Or equivalent).
- At least two years of teaching experience with children.
- An understanding of children (both of child development theories and of the children he/she teaches).
- Organization and evaluation of his/her work, focused on what is best for the children.
- Continual improvement (to learn more about the children in their day-to-day routine and more about/her work as an educator).
- Ethical responsibilities consistent with his/her work, for the wellbeing of all members of the learning community.
We are a Reggio Emilia-inspired learning community that values the richness and joy of working with children in a creative environment, in close contact with nature.
HÃ¡bitat Learning Community will open its doors in August 2017 for children 1.8 to 6 years of age. Our starting date for Elementary School will be August 2018.
Our service learning program actively involves students in a wide range of experiences that benefit others and the community both within and outside our campus, while also advancing the goals the curriculum.
Our English immersion program offers children the opportunity to learn and develop complete fluency in a second language. Students develop their language abilities by strengthening their mother tongue while learning English.
Mexico, a traveler's paradise, offers opportunities to teach English abroad, as well as licensed teaching jobs in the country's many international schools. Enjoy Mexico's magnificent landscape while teaching abroad in language institutes or private schools.