Elementary Teacher - Fairfax County Public School
- Early Childhood, Elementary
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Qualified to teach Elementary (5-11yr)
- Teaching Credential/License
- Minimum of 2 years of full-time teaching experience in Primary Education
- Hold a teacher training degree in Primary Education.
- Must be currently teaching full-time
- Hold a valid driver's license
- A full-time teaching position
- J visa sponsorship for you and your family
- A competitive salary
- Holidays and school vacation periods
- Assistance acquiring a U.S teaching license
- Free international credential evaluation
- Subsidized health insurance
- Optional dental insurance
- Free Life insurance.
Teaching with Participate Learning is more than a job opportunity. It provides personal growth and development while also allowing teaching full-time in the US Education system. International teachers provide authentic and effective learning experiences for all students while preparing them to be active citizens of the world.
In an exciting new collaboration with Fairfax County Public Schools in Virginia, we have opportunities for international teachers to work in one of the largest and most highly regarded districts in the country.
We are hiring creative and dedicated professionals who believe all children can be successful. You will be a cultural ambassador for your country, sharing local traditions and inspiring a love for the wider world in US students. Fairfax teacher salaries are widely known as one of the most competitive in the U.S. education system, please follow the link to the school’s district salary scale.
As one of the original 13 colonies, Virginia is home to many historic landmarks, including Mount Vernon, the location of George Washington’s first home, and Colonial Williamsburg. Richmond is the state’s capital and one of the country’s oldest cities. Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy visiting the Shenandoah Valley and the Blue Ridge Mountains in the western part of the state. Additionally, Virginia offers city living among the suburbs of Washington DC, and miles of beachfront access to the Atlantic Ocean, for those who love spending time at the coast.
We are looking for passionate teachers committed to sharing their culture, embracing U.S. culture, and increasing mutual understanding between U.S. citizens and citizens of their home country.
All international candidates are required to apply directly with Participate Learning. Participate Learning has been an official BridgeUSA exchange visitor program with the US Department of State for more than 30 years and has helped more than 10,000 international educators experience teaching full-time in the US. Participate Learning is designated to screen, provide visa sponsorship, and support participants throughout their stay in the United States, in conjunction with their host school. Candidates must successfully complete Participate Learning’s application process to be considered for this position.
- Participate Learning is officially authorized to sponsor international teachers for a J-visa, allowing them to work for up to 5 years in a U.S. school.
- We interview, and match teachers with schools, provide the necessary paperwork, and provide support for participants throughout their time in the U.S.
- Currently, over 1500 teachers from 32 different countries are working in 430 public schools as part of our program. They work with over 70,000 students each day.
- All positions are full-time, full-year positions and teachers earn the same salary as the U.S. teachers in their school district
- Our program is eligible for teachers looking to spend up to 5 years in the U.S., but not open to those intending to permanently immigrate to the U.S.
- Click here to see a video from the 2022 Arrival Orientation.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should register and fill out an online application.
Teaching with Participate Learning is more than a job opportunity. It provides personal growth and development while having the opportunity to teach full-time in the US Education system.
With our exciting collaboration within several districts in North Carolina and Virginia, we are hiring creative and dedicated professionals who believe all children can be successful. You will also be a cultural ambassador for your Country, sharing local traditions and inspiring a love of the wider world in US students.
We are looking for an enthusiastic primary trained teacher interested in becoming a cultural ambassador to help us inspire, educate and prepare our students for life in the 21st Century.
All international candidates are required to apply directly with Participate Learning. Participate Learning has been an official U.S. Department of State Exchange Visitor Program for more than 30 years and has helped more than 10,000 international educators have the experience of being a full-time teacher in the U.S. Participate Learning is designated to screen, provide visa sponsorship, and support participants throughout their stay in the United States, in conjunction with their host school. Candidates must complete Participate Learnings screening to be considered for this position.