English Curriculum Coordinator - HD Beijing School - China
Teaching and Learning
- Teaching workload as determined by Principal
- Make use of professional knowledge and understanding to create a stimulating, challenging and supportive learning environment that promotes student success
Curriculum Development and Delivery
- Make use of professional knowledge to improve the existing English curriculum, and build co-curriculum bridges to link with other subjects
- Broaden and improve the methods of teaching and learning and stimulate students’ English learning through designing different English activities. Develop high quality, creative English activities
- Assist in sourcing and provision of resources/materials for the International programmes
- Ensure vertical and horizontal articulation of the curriculum
- Coordinate with Principal and English teachers on planning and set up learning intentions according to the Subject Syllabi. Adjust teaching and learning content and strategies to meet students’ needs. Promote teachers’ professional development through weekly teacher trainings, class explanation, observation and feedback
- Attend and participate in weekly Year Group planning sessions
- Take the lead in exploring new ideas and teaching methods for HD Beijing School. Plan ahead for the academic year and semester with well-grounded goals and prioritize some areas. Organise reflection with all delegated subject teachers and take the lead in appraisal of delegated teachers.
- Set a good example as reflective learner. Continue learning and developing teaching practice under theoretical guidelines, so as to become a pioneering teacher in the subject group, and continuously create an academic atmosphere of learning and exploration.
- Mentor junior English teachers in curriculum planning and classroom instruction to ensure student learning outcomes
- Check unit and planners and year overviews and weekly planning newsletters
- Check teacher’s feedback to students and homework
- Oversee moderation sessions to look at work within and across year groups
- From time to time provide reports on teaching and student attainment in English
- Work closely with members of the English team to discuss/consult/report to Principal
- Help new teachers to develop particular teaching skills in teaching English, so they can gain a thorough understanding of implementing and reviewing the Subject Scope and Sequences and organize effective assessment
- Work closely with the Principal to supervise and manage the English team, including: budget management, resource purchasing and management.
- Lead the set-up of both formative and summative assessments, the moderation of marking, and the recording of assessment data in PASS.
- Implement and oversee standardised assessments.
- Have oversight of all English assessment data and identify students who need support or extension. Work with relevant teachers to provide support of extension
- Attend and participate in Parent Information Evenings.
- Develop an English Teaching Handbook to reflect the HDBJ way of teaching English including all relevant policies and procedures.
- Contribute and help plan Parents as Learners sessions.
- Contribute to the planning of Student Interview sessions.
- Contribute to the development of new policies, ensuring alignment with the school mission and vision
Contribution to the School Community
- Play a full part in the corporate life of the school, including taking part in the after-school extra-curricular activities, weekend events (PD, Admissions, Testing, etc.), school organised social activities and parent information sessions.
- Support the school’s image in the community
- Support policies and procedures currently in place, including those in the Staff Handbook
|Beijing , China|
Qualifications & Requirements
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.
|Renminbi (yuan) (¥)|
|Varied: wet/dry seasons|
|Land area - 3.7 million sq. miles (9.6 million sq. km)|