English Language Teacher
- University Graduate
- 3 years of teaching experience
- BA degree and certification for teaching English-as-a-Second Language
- Two years minimum of ESL teaching experience, elementary level preferred.
- Experience in the IB PYP is an asset
- Health Care
- Child Tuition Waiver
- Housing Allowance
- Ticket Allowance
- To plan for and provide direct instruction to assigned ESL students.
- To supervise the administration of testing of ESL applicants for admission.
- To assist the principal in determining grade placement for ESL students.
- To observe ESL students in mainstream classes and to provide strategies for mainstream teachers in meeting the student’s English language needs.
- To regularly attend faculty, team and student services meetings.
- To provide the principal and/ or counselor with pertinent information about the ESL program in semi-annual summary reports.
- To prepare and update a parent information brochure that describes and answers questions regarding the School’s ESL program.
- To provide follow-up assistance for students who have exited from the ESL program.
- To provide appropriate faculty in-service on how teachers can support and assist ESL students in the regular classroom.
The Arab International Academy was founded in Doha, Qatar in 2016 with the goal of establishing a high-level private international school that provides a challenging and well-rounded international educational experience. To achieve that goal, we have drawn on the very best of international thinking in our choice of curriculum and approaches to 21st century teaching and learning. AIA is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for the Diploma Programme (DP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP) and the Primary Years Program (PYP).
Because we know that it is when employees are comfortable and feeling good about the work they are doing that they do their best work, we strive to make sure that you are as comfortable as possible while working in Doha. In addition to paying for your visas and medical exams, we have a great team to help you through the process of settling down in Qatar.
Once you are here, we will help you settle into your private apartment and help you take those first steps toward making Doha your home. We will provide bus service between your housing and the school and will organize shopping excursions on a regular basis. Our hope is that once you come to school, your living situation will be organized to the point that you will be fully available to give your colleagues and students your best. In order to help you with that, we have a full slate of professional development activities planned and will also differentiate your learning to meet, as much as possible, your individual needs. Our hope is to create a dynamic, interesting, and respectful for both students and staff, learning environment that no one will want to leave.
Teaching in Qatar gives teachers insight into life in the Middle East, allows teachers to experience traditional Qatari hospitality, and offers highly competitive salaries. Teachers in Qatar will enjoy an accommodating blend of old-world traditions and modern day amenities - an experience like no other!