English Language Teacher - Disney English - China
Your adventure with Disney starts now, come and see how far we can take you!
Since the opening of our flagship Centre in Shanghai in 2008, Disney English has grown across China, opening our doors to Children and shaping their love for learning. Join the team that provides an award-winning academic curriculum that engages children the way children learn – through stories, songs, characters and above all - fun!
We’re looking for passionate, out-going, native-like speaking English Language Teachers. You’ll get to discover a new culture, inspire children to learn a new language and grow and develop your own skills in ways you never dreamed. It's all possible at Disney English.
What you need to know:
- Foreign Trainers provide a highly engaging and effective learning experience to children between 3-12 years old through the delivery of innovative and immersive Disney educational content.
- Successful Foreign Trainers have high energy! Delivering curriculum with energy and enthusiasm is a must. Our Trainers use immersive learning techniques such as storytelling, singing, dialogue and role-playing in combination with formal exercises.
- Foreign Trainers work a 40 hour work week (20-25 contact teaching hours – up to 30 hours if working with our special summer course) including evening and weekends.
- Measuring progress as well as educational results while providing on-going support and development to the students is required for success.
- Foreign Trainers build strong relationships with parents and keeping them “in-the-know” on their child’s journey.
To qualify for a visa you’ll need minimum one of the following:
Bachelor degree and above with a Major related to education or Bachelor degree and above (Major is NOT Education) AND an internationally recognized TEFL or CELTA qualification
What you’ll need:
- To be at least 21 years old
- Native English Speaker & writing ability. Able to communicate with learners where English is not their first language
- Teaching experience highly desirable but not essential for certain cities in China.
- A flexible “can do” attitude, a thirst for learning and an adaptable approach to working
- Passion for Disney and for working with young children is essential
What we offer:
- Salaries start at $1,610 USD (10,000 RMB) per month (dependent on qualifications/experience)
- Monthly housing allowance up to $782 USD (up to 4,850 RMB)
- Resettlement allowance of $1,127 USD (7,000 RMB)
- Paid airfare to China and a monthly travel stipend toward return trip
- Three weeks hotel accommodation provided upon arrival in China
- Health, dental, paid sick and vacation time
- Robust academic training including assistance obtaining a TEFL-C certification as well as a Rosetta Stone Mandarin license
- Various Disney discounts* including a limited theme parks admission pass
|Beijing, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Chengdu, Nanjing, Shenzhen, China|
|ESL Teachers, ESL - Conversational English Teachers, ESL - Young Learners Teachers|
Accommodation Type: Subsidized
Vacation: Three weeks hotel accommodation provided upon arrival in China
Airfare Reimbursement: Full
Health Insurance: Provided
Other Allowances: Various Disney discounts* including a limited theme parks admission pass
Qualifications & Requirements
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.
|Renminbi (yuan) (¥)|
|Nominally Marxist–Leninist single-party state|
|Varied: wet/dry seasons|