- Early Childhood
- University Graduate, ESL Instructor
- 0 year of teaching experience
- Any field of study
- TESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hours
- TEFL certification required
- United States (USA), United Kingdom (UK), Canada, South Africa, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong
- Native-like fluency in English
- 12-month program salary: HK$23,000 per month
- Rewarding bonus upon completion of the 12-month contract (HK$12,000)
- Comprehensive 8-day training and orientation bonus of HK$6,000 received
- Small class sizes (4-12 children per class)
- Fully sponsored visa
- Fully prepared and tailored curriculum provided
- Optional and affordable staff accommodation
- Orientation information and assistance before arrival
- Social network connections before and post-arrival
- Possible opportunities for career advancement in numerous fields within the organization
- 19 April 2024
- 22 May 2024
- 19 June 2024
Discover, Teach, and Inspire with Global Teacher Recruitment!
Live & Work in Hong Kong!
Global Teacher Recruitment is the exclusive recruitment partner for Monkey Tree ELC and is looking for passionate and enthusiastic teachers to join the team on a 12-month program. By incorporating play-based education into their tailor-made curriculum, their teaching philosophy is one of lots of fun, energy, and positive reinforcement. You will be teaching children aged between 2.5 -12 years old, as well as a variety of classes ranging from beginner phonics through to spelling and grammar.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Teach a range of English classes such as phonics, reading comprehension, creative writing, and grammar.
- Prepare and implement lessons, crafts, and activities
- Administrative duties
Monkey Tree English Learning Center was established in Hong Kong in 2009. There are currently over 70 different locations spread across Hong Kong, Macau, and mainland China. Since its inception, it has grown to become the largest supplementary English provider for children between the ages of 3 – 12. Our goal is to infuse a Westernized environment into our classrooms to give children an opportunity to not only learn English the native way, but also to develop intellectually, socially, physically, and emotionally.
From building basic vocabulary and conversational skills to learning complex grammar rules and sentence structures, we offer a class to meet your child’s needs. Our courses have been meticulously mapped out by our experienced Curriculum Department and our content is engaging, stimulating, and topical. Our specialized teachers ensure that this material is presented in a fun and interactive way and that all learning takes place in an immersive environment.
Our goal at Monkey Tree is simple; to utilize a communicative approach with small class sizes to make our courses fun, interactive, and relevant. Our teachers are qualified and experienced professionals with specialist teaching qualifications. They are trained to teach our curriculum to the highest standard and work hard to meet the specific needs of each of our students. No matter the age or proficiency of your child, our classes are designed to teach English skills in an engaging and immersive setting. This approach allows our students to develop a love for English while at the same time learning how to apply it practically in the world today!
Hong Kong is an exciting and culturally rich place that provides plenty of travel opportunities to other parts of Asia. Teach Away's job board features positions for ESL teachers to live and work in Hong Kong.