EYFS / Pre-Primary Teacher
- Early Childhood
- Director/Principal, Licensed Teacher, College/University Faculty, University Graduate, ESL Instructor, Vocational/Technical Instructor, Office/Administration Staff, Librarian
- 2 years of teaching experience
Need to have:
- excellent communication and listening skills
- good organisational skills to plan the day and respond to the different needs of the children you teach
- the ability to inspire and enthuse young children
- energy, resourcefulness, responsibility, patience and a caring nature
- an understanding of the needs and feelings of children
- ability to work independently with children, as well as being able to work in the wider nursery/school team
- a sense of humour and the ability to keep things in perspective.
- Luxuriously furnished apartments, within the school campus
- Visa and travel expenses covered. Protocols and airport pickup facilities are made available for the teacher too
- Basic Healthcare covered
- Transport provided in case required
- Multicultured faculty so exposure to international experience.
- Welcoming teacher body
- Flexible contract terms. (The contract is 2 years long)
- Salaries are net amounts and tax free. The amounts are based on the teacher’s qualification and role at the school.
Typical responsibilities of the job include:
- As an early years teacher, you'll need to:
- motivate and stimulate a child's learning abilities, often encouraging learning through experience
- provide pastoral care and support to children within a secure learning environment
- assist with the development of a child's personal, social, language and physical coordination abilities
- develop and produce visual aids and teaching resources
- encourage mathematical and creative development through stories, songs, games, drawing and imaginative play
- help children develop curiosity and knowledge
- work with others, including teaching assistants and nursery nurses as well as volunteer helpers, to plan and coordinate work both indoors and outdoors
- share knowledge gained with other practitioners and build and maintain relationships with parents
- observe, assess and record each child's progress
- ensure the health and safety of children and staff is maintained during all activities, both inside and outside the nursery or school
- attend staff meetings and staff training days
- keep up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practice.
Key skills for an Early Years teachers
- A good sense of humour
The British International School - Lubumbashi, an innovative school for children from playschool to grade 12, offering a highly portable, globally recognised curriculum, with outstanding extracurricular activities, and a warm and welcoming community in the heart of Lubumbashi, D.R. Congo.