Fall 2024 Opportunities: BASIS International & Bilingual School Chengdu
- Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School, High School
- University Graduate
- 3 years of teaching experience
Ideal Candidates Have:
- A degree in your teaching subject – we call our teachers “Subject Expert Teachers,” because they are! Teachers will have taken at least 24 credit hours in the subject they teach; and a large number of our teachers hold Master’s and doctoral degrees. Elementary Education and Early Childhood Education or Development degrees are encouraged for many early years and primary positions.
- A minimum of two years lead in-class teaching experience –must be recent, full time, permanent roles (not part-time or contract), and relevant in order to qualify for a working visa
- A passion for teaching
- An eagerness to collaborate with and elevate teaching colleagues – our teachers come from all over the world with a wide variety of curricular backgrounds and experiences and seek to grow together and learn from each other.
- High academic standards and a desire to make a difference in the academic level of international education
- An ability to engage young minds
Benefits of BASIS International Schools in China
- Competitive salary that is dependent upon education and experience
- Global health coverage (including the U.S. for American citizens)
- Provided accommodation or a housing allowance
- Annual retirement benefit
- Travel to and from China, travel assistance, and moving allowance
- Free (delicious!) school meals
- Assistance in obtaining a visa
Future Opportunities Beginning in the 2024 School Year with BASIS International & Bilingual School Chengdu
Are you interested in joining an established, high-achieving, rapidly growing school network? Apply now for future opportunities with BASIS International & Bilingual School Chengdu!
BASIS International Schools’ mission is to provide our students with transformative early childhood and K -12 education. With the cutting-edge BASIS Curriculum, through exceptional teaching and faculty mentoring, we will produce graduates who have broad intellectual capabilities, international perspectives, critical thinking proficiency, and creative problem-solving skills to be leaders in their future academic and professional lives.
The first BASIS International School opened in Shenzhen in 2015; it is recognized as the largest opening of an international school in the history of southern China. Since then we have continued to expand our network, with the addition of seven successful international and bilingual school openings across China. As we continue expanding our network into new cities, we are seeking talented and passionate educators like yourself to grow with us!
About BASIS International & Bilingual School Chengdu
BASIS International & Bilingual School Chengdu opened in the fall of 2022 and currently serves students in grades Pre-K through 9, it will eventually grow to a capacity of over 1800 students in grades Pre-K through 12. The campus is our first to house both international and bilingual school programs.
Chengdu is the capital of Sichuan province--home to famous historic sites, cuisine, and culture. About 1,300 years ago, Li Bai, the greatest poet in the Tang dynasty described Chengdu as a prosperous, peaceful, and beautiful place in one of his famous poems. This certainly remains true today, as Chengdu has consistently been considered as one of the happiest cities in China, and one of the world's 15 Happiest Places by the CNN Travel Channel.
Our school is located in a new area of Chengdu, a high-tech area in the southwest of the city. The master-planned location will include plenty of green space, and is convenient to the Chengdu airport as well. Chengdu has the largest hospital in China, easy shopping in neighborhood markets, and also the Chengdu Global Center--the world's largest stand-alone building, approximately the size of 20 Sydney Opera Houses and 8 Beijing Olympic Stadiums.
Teaching with BASIS International Schools
Our teachers are the foundation upon which all BASIS International Schools are built. BASIS International Schools teachers are part of one of the most collaborative and professional teaching communities in international education. Our teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of our teaching community, BASIS International Schools teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance.
Apply now to be considered for future opportunities with BASIS International & Bilingual School Chengdu as they become available!
Our eight BASIS International School campuses in China and Thailand continue the BASIS Curriculum Schools vision of delivering the gold standard of education by combining the BASIS Curriculum with highly qualified teachers who are sought after, and hired for, their deep subject matter knowledge.
Our first international school, BASIS International School Shenzhen, opened in 2015 and is the flagship of a network that has seen quick expansion with its second school, BASIS International School Guangzhou, launched in 2017, and campuses in Hangzhou and Park Lane Harbour launched in 2018. In 2019, new BASIS International Schools opened in Nanjing, China, and Bangkok, Thailand.
Our first bilingual school, BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen, opened in September 2020. In the fall of 2022, BASIS International & Bilingual School Chengdu opened--becoming the first school in our network to house both international and bilingual programs. BASIS International & Bilingual School Wuhan opened in 2023, continuing this vision. 2024 will bring two more schools to our network: BASIS Bilingual School Guangming Shenzhen and BASIS Bilingual Kindergarten Nanshan.