Geography High School Teacher - Walton Foreign Language School - China
Geography teachers teach students about physical and regional geography, earth sciences, how technology relates to geography and environmental or cultural elements of the discipline. Geography teachers expose students to the relationship between people and their geographic region and how humans might have adapted to their surroundings. They might use visual materials or technology to assist students in learning geographic topics. In addition to developing and teaching lesson plans, geography teachers could plan field trips and research projects that present geographical elements of local, international or unique areas.
Walton Foreign Language School’s goal is to provide a creative, courageous, and open-minded learning community that encourages students to be lifelong learners. Whalton helps students to be responsible global citizens, respecting both international and Chinese cultures and traditions.
As a K-12, IB candidate school, our learning environment is focused on the cultivation of tomorrow’s leaders while embodying educational excellence, interdisciplinary proficiencies and cross-cultural competencies. As such, we strive to provide thought-provoking programs that support students in realizing their academic and individual potential.
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher.
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment.
- To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
- To undertake a designated program of teaching across all key stages
- Teach consistently high quality lessons
- Plan and deliver schemes of work and lessons that meet the curricular requirements.
- Be a role model for students, inspiring them to be actively interested in Geography.
- To maintain appropriate records and to provide relevant, accurate and up-to-date information.
- Set expectations for students in relation to standards of achievement and the quality of learning & teaching.
- Prioritize and manage time effectively, ensuring continued professional development in line with the role.
- To follow school policies and procedures.
- To ensure the effective/efficient deployment of classroom support.
- To maintain discipline in accordance with school procedures and to encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behavior and standards of work and homework.
- Follow schemes of work for Geography at all Key stages.
- Promote aspects of Personal Development related to Geography.
- Updating professional knowledge and expertise as appropriate to keep up to date with developments in teaching practice and methodology, in general, and in the curriculum area of Geography.
Assessment, Feedback and Tracking:
- To lead, monitor and evaluate the assessment and feedback to students in line with whole school and department policy.
- To follow department monitoring and tracking systems relating to students attainment, progress and achievement.
- Marks, grades and give written/verbal and diagnostic feedback as required.
- Undertake assessment of students as requested by external examination bodies, curriculum areas and school procedures.
- Follow setting and co-coordinating assessment arrangements in Geography / Languages at all Key Stages, and in all areas as required by school policies, including standardizing those assessments.
- To continue personal development in the relevant areas including subject knowledge and teaching methods and the IB Diploma Program.
- To engage actively in the Performance Management process.
- To take part in the staff development programs by participating in arrangements for further training and professional development.
Student Support and Progress:
- To promote the general progress and well-being of individual students.
- To register students, accompany them to assemblies, encourage their full attendance at all lessons and their participation in other aspects of school life.
- To evaluate and monitor the progress of students and keep up-to-date student records as may be required.
- To alert the appropriate staff to problems experienced by students.
- To communicate as appropriate, with the parents of students and with persons or bodies outside the school concerned with the welfare of individual students, after consultation with the appropriate staff.
- Be keenly aware of the responsibility for safeguarding children and to help in the application of the Safeguarding and Safe Practices policy within the school.
- Comply with the school’s Safeguarding Policy in order to ensure the welfare of children and young persons.
|Taicang , China|
|Licensed Teacher, University Graduate|
|Gr. 9, Gr. 10, Gr. 11|
|USD 2700 - 4600|
Our accommodations also include an employee on-boarding program that provides teachers with the support they need to acclimate to their new surroundings and feel comfortable as they explore the city. For example, we provide an agent for housing, assign a buddy to guide them over their first couple of months and allocate a foreign affairs assistant to accompany them with the various visa, residence processes and to also provide assistance for daily living concerns or questions.
Qualifications & Requirements
|Geography or Education with emphasis on Geography|
|TEFL certification required|
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.
|Renminbi (yuan) (¥)|
|Varied: wet/dry seasons|
|Land area - 3.7 million sq. miles (9.6 million sq. km)|