Head of Academics
- All Levels
- 10 years of teaching experience
Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
- A min. masters/graduate degree, with PhD on Education (esp. from an International institution) preferred, a background of an undergraduate degree in education & psychology preferred and is considered a plus
- Possess and exhibit a Master competency in Academic & Curriculum Design, mastering: national curriculum, international curriculum (Cambridge, IB, US, IEYC, IPC, ISC etc), pedagogy and accreditation process, rigor and standard; with demonstrated experience and success, across ELC, Elementary & Secondary stage
- Posses and exhibit a Master competency in navigating the requirement/rigor of accreditation (national: Dikdasmen & BAN SM and international: NEASC/WASC/CIS etc) resourcefully & efficiently
- Experienced competency in and is passionate about Teaching and holds a valid certification of proficiency on relevant curriculum
- Posses and exhibit a Master competency various curriculum’s checkpoints/exams
- Experienced competency in crafting special modification in case of special education needs students present
- Experienced and familiar with the Indonesian market
- Experienced and is comfortable with having to work in a VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous) setting of an entity at infancy and carries the determination to spearhead and establish effective and efficient protocols
- Possessing strong business acumen and financial/profitability literacy/sensitivity
- Independent, resourceful, dedicated, quality contributor, hi-paced & discipline strategic planner and doer that walks to the talk and that leads by example
- Strongly acquainted and having established a relationship with relevant external stakeholders (government, accreditors, teacher network
- Assertive, objective, structured, analytical, communicative, collaborative and disciplined team manager and coach
- Competitive Salary
- Private accommodation provided
- Allowance for Utilities
- Visa expenses
- Yearly round trip airfare
- Medical Insurance and Dental
- Lunch Provided
- Uniform Provided
- Tuition provided for maximum 2 children
- Professional Development
Reporting directly to the Director of SA, the Head of Academics (HA) sets the strategic vision and direction for the instructional framework and pedagogical approach to SA’s academic programs and is a key lever to accomplish SA’ mission, vision and key goals. The HA is the leader, spokesperson, and resident expert on curriculum, instruction, pedagogy, and learning. This role develops the short and long-term instructional vision for SA and works to establish a culture of high expectations and shared responsibility for equitable access to high quality and culturally relevant instruction. The HA works to create authentic partnerships between Head Office/Head Quarter offices and campuses that ensure closer alignment of district resources with school needs, to implement an instructional plan for the SA schools that ensures effective teaching in every classroom, and to create conditions that ensure the systemic improvement of practice over time in every classroom.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, and implement a compelling vision for the instructional and curriculum services and set a compelling vision and goals to ensure rigorous and standards-aligned instruction and instructional supports in every classroom, for every SA student
- Direct academic service areas (i.e. instructional improvement, curriculum and instruction, professional development, exceptional children services, gifted services, English as Second Language, etc.) and student support services
- Apply research and best practices to inform theories of pedagogy and ensure consistent delivery of high-quality instruction aligned with key standards (i.e. classroom-to-classroom, grade-by-grade, school-by-school)
- Ensure that instructional lessons are consistently standards-based, objective-driven, and effectively delivered with an urgent focus on individual student mastery
Instructional Management and Coordinated Services
- Collaborate with the Head of Schools and in all academic areas to evaluate existing curriculum programs based on observation, and data on student academic achievements -internal or external- to determine School Improvement Plans
- Work collaboratively with respective teams in all areas to ensure support of all teachers and the effective delivery of instructional programs and services
- Collaborate with principals, Head of Schools, and SA Head Office departments to provide supports for a variety of school settings and build school support systems with the necessary resources
- Hold school leaders accountable to high standards of excellence while providing high-quality support to help schools meet these standards
Continuous Improvement for School Support
- Establish direction for school improvement efforts by monitoring the progress of school performance, student achievement objectives and academic excellence indicators to align strategies for school improvement
- Create the conditions that enable all educators to provide rigorous, authentic, and personalized experiences for all students
- Create opportunities for teachers to reflect on their practice while engaging in the systemic improvement of practice over time in every classroom
- Strategically manage and allocate resources (including money, people, time, etc.) aligned to students’ needs
Talent Management and Professional Learning
- Build and lead a highly effective, innovative academic services department that is assessed on the ability to continually improve instructional practices
- Support staff to develop, implement, and evaluate project plans and strategy to achieve goals and objectives
- Provide input on professional development activities for SA by partnering with the central office to create system-wide professional development programs, ensuring a robust, systemic approach that meets student needs. • Monitor the coordination of all schools professional development efforts and the implementation of new and existing educational programs using Professional Learning Communities (PLC’s) as a vehicle to provide staff support
- Collaborate with school leaders on the hiring of staff when appropriate
- Facilitate collaboration among school leaders and teachers across school sites
Equity Leadership and Student Success
- Cultivate a commitment among all staff to enable all students to achieve high standards.
- Confront preconceptions and model open dialogue around race, culture, class and other issues of difference.
- Operate with a lens of cultural proficiency, sensitivity, and equity to ensure students’ needs are met.
- Assess the distribution of academic supports with clear equity, ensuring allocations provide the best resources to equitably and effectively meet the needs of all SA’s students, families, and schools.
Other duties as assigned by Director of SA or his/her designee, and Foundation Directors.
Who We Are
Our teaching philosophy encourages students to inquire, explore, innovate and communicate, providing vital skills required for leadership in Indonesia and abroad. Coupled with internationally-recognized academic credentials, we are equipping our students to compete and succeed at every stage of life. With the advent of the information age available at our finger-tips, our job as a school is to teach our students “to learn how to learn”.
Drawing from the world’s best curricula and American-based STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) methodologies, we are equipping our students with global exposure and an internationally-recognized academic qualification.
Our environment was created to encourage a culture of innovation and collaboration. Moreover, our integration of communication, multiple language proficiency, and collaboration in team projects sets us apart from most other schools in ASEAN.
Sampoerna Academy graduates will assume leadership roles in a global society by being creative, passionate, life-long learners who are able to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing world and who care deeply for their fellow men and the environment.
The mission of Sampoerna Academy is to provide a safe, caring, and collaborative learning environment that is of the highest quality and meets global expectations for student achievement and character development. Our educational foundation is student-centered with a strong emphasis on Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM) that enables students to become mature, confident global citizens with a strong sense of purpose. Our end goal is to prepare students for a tertiary education and to make them work ready and world ready.
Academically, we prioritize the development of cognitive skills and communication skills over rote memorization because we believe that more than acquiring facts, students must be able to apply their knowledge in real situations.
We seek opportunities to engage all stakeholders to play a part in the success of our students.
We maintain a strong Asian cultural value system that celebrates social harmony, order, and respect.
STEAM competency will differentiate our students from those attending other schools.
Our learning spaces are a platform for hands-on activities, exploration, inquiry and the creation of knowledge and dialogue.
Educators can teach English in Indonesia in one of the country’s private language institutes. Teaching English in Indonesia will usually mean working with students of all ages, from young children to adults.