Head of Operations - Bangkok
The Head of Operations is charged with the comprehensive responsibility for all of the operations functions of the school and ensuring success with the Head of School to meet and realize the end goal of high performance. Reporting to the Head of School, the Head of Operations is accountable for helping to build and maintain a culture of teamwork and support among the staff and enabling the faculty to deliver outstanding classroom instruction. He or she manages the school facilities, information technology infrastructure, and oversees all outside services and procurement. The Head of Operations also works closely with the academic team to ensure high standards of customer service for our parents.
This is a unique opportunity for an exceptional operations leader to join at the ground floor of a growing, dynamic school that is tied to one of the highest performing school networks in the world. You will have a voice and impact in creating a school site and community that is the best in Bangkok, that is specifically designed and built around the world-recognized BASIS Curriculum to bring exceptional learning opportunities to students in Bangkok. You will realize considerable accomplishments through each step of establishing the school facilities and seeing the results of your hard work.
- Acts as the business leader of the school, responsible for day-to-day operation of its facility and services, its culture and sense of community, and its customer service centered approach.
Facility & IT Management
- Oversees the physical operation of the school facility including maintenance, repairs and renovations; safety and security; waste management and janitorial; supply procurement
- Oversees the technology infrastructure and systems (with the help of on- and off-site support at all levels) including the school?s data network, laptop and tablet devices, phone systems, access controls, photocopiers and classroom display technologies
- Develop, maintain and report all required environmental, health, safety and maintenance standards required by law
- Oversees overall school maintenance, furniture purchase & placement
- Manage and maintain overall school cleanliness
- Negotiate and manage summer facility rentals
- Oversees the summer programs events
- Negotiate vendor contracts
- Manages the day-to-day activities and job duties of all contracted workers and meets regularly with them to ensure quality of infrastructure and services
- Provide strong leadership and direction and maintain high morale
School & Workplace Community
- Ensures an environment in which a world-class academic program can be through a school climate that is supportive and high morale
Contracted Services Management
- Coordinate bussing program - routes, prices, procedures and billing
- Handle difficult parent complaints
- Ensure efficiency of the routes and make changes when necessary
- Expedite bus departure during dismissal when needed
- Lunch Program - ensure contract execution
- Liaison with service provider
- Work out staffing, scheduling, and cleaning issues
- Security Services - ensure contract execution
- Oversee security procedures (camera systems, access control, building alarm systems, etc.)
- Plans and executes fire drills and other safety protocols
- Housekeeping and landscape maintenance - ensure contract execution after bidding process
- Negotiate extra services when required
|Director/Principal, Office/Administration Staff|
Qualifications and Requirements
|Engineering, Construction Management|
Teach in Thailand and enjoy a tropical climate, and world-renowned tourism industry. Thailand offers exciting adventure and professional experience for interested educators looking to teach English overseas.
Known as the ‘Land of a Thousand Smiles,’ Thailand embraces a rich diversity of cultures and traditions, and is host to an inviting tropical climate with beaches heralded as the most beautiful in the world.