Head of School
The KL International School of Chongqing is seeking a Head of School to lead the school into the next decade!
KLIS seeks a skilled leader and educator to serve as the next Head of School. The Head of School will report directly to the Board of Trustees, and be responsible for all school operations, including the fulfillment of the school vision and mission and to build a positive school culture for all students. The Head of School will be responsible for overseeing school finances, recruitment, evaluation, support, training and mentoring of all faculty and staff; recruitment and retention of families, the academic and social learning program, curriculum development, and efforts to increase awareness and visibility of the school in the community.
KL International School of Chongqing
The KL International School was founded in 2015 as the second licensed Preschool – Year 13 international school for expatriates in Chongqing, China. KLIS is the only private, co-educational, not-for-profit international school in Chongqing. Our mission is to prepare creative, collaborative and curious students who will thrive as educated global citizens, self-sustaining learners and ethical leaders. KLIS believes in being a “Responsive School for a Changing World”.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Acts as the educational leader of the school, responsible for its day-to-day academic operation and the school culture
- Develop, monitor, evaluate and promote the school instructional program
- Develop and implement school improvement plans that align with the school’s long and short-term goals
- Use meaningful data and statistics to make informed decisions on school improvement
- Recruit, develop and motivate teachers, administrators and staff. The Head makes appropriate disciplinary decisions as necessary while ensuring that all personnel perform their duties in accordance with their job descriptions.
- Manage the school budget and lead budget planning
- Oversee academic guidance, grading and standards for student assessment
- Plan and manage staff assignments
- Maintain a positive, interactive and transparent relationship with the school community
- Drives and maintains enrollment of the school.
- Is a visible presence in all areas of the school.
- Works collaboratively and proactively with the admissions team by participating in info sessions, personal family meetings and community events to meet the annual recruitment goals.
- Work towards earning accreditation for KLIS
- Establishes co-curricular, short-term, and auxiliary programs to support student growth
- Proactively take part in and positively contribute to school events (concerts, holidays, sports)
- Value the diverse thoughts, perspectives, learning abilities and life experiences of students and colleagues
- Collaborate with colleagues to create programs (extracurricular, academic) that enhance the growth and learning of students
- Collaborate with counseling team to provide advice and counseling to students pursuing studies abroad
- Some weekend duties may be requested
|District/Regional Level Administrator, Director/Principal, Licensed Teacher|
|Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School, High School, All Levels|
Qualifications and Requirements
|Education or Education Administration|
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.
|Renminbi (yuan) (¥)|
|Varied: wet/dry seasons|
|Land area - 3.7 million sq. miles (9.6 million sq. km)|