Head of Secondary (American Curriculum) - Aldar Education (January 2024)
- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 10 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related subject with PGCE or other teacher qualification.
- A minimum of 6 years experience in education
- Previous experience working with students for whom English is not their first language
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skill
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- A high level of professionalism and consideration for the well-being of children
- Recent and consistent involvement in extracurricular activities
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, age, and ethnic background
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check
What We Offer
Aldar Academies are a family of world-class, child-centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 32,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including non-monetary benefits. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching, and training.
Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both leads and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal-opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals they apply to our company.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.
Aldar Education is currently seeking several inspirational school leaders for various Head of Secondary positions in the UAE, commencing January 2024 or sooner by appointment.
Aldar Education is the leading education group in Abu Dhabi, we provide inclusive and innovative learning that inspires and empowers communities, Aldar Education aims to be your employer of choice. We educate over 32,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, and the Northern Emirates. As we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders and employees across the group.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
Management of the team
- To work with and support the Assistant Principal in creating a culture of resilience and responsibility toward the students’ personal development
- To lead and manage a team of form tutors, monitoring, developing, and assessing their roles, and supporting their professional development
- To lead the development and monitoring of academy policies within the Year Group e.g. Homework, Behaviour, Attendance
- To lead and manage Year Team meetings, distributing agendas and minutes as per academy policy
- To work with form tutors to deliver a pastoral program of topics within the year team; to monitor the teaching and learning and impact of the program
- To lead on areas of the Year Team, such as students leadership, etc., as discussed with the Assistant Principal
- To provide induction and training for any form of tutors new to the team
- To develop proactively your Year’s high standards of learning, attitude, uniform, attendance, well-being, punctuality, citizenship, and responsibility
- To oversee Parent Teacher Consultations for the Year Group provision to generate the highest attendance
- To take an active role in organizing Awards Assemblies for the Year group
- To attend Pastoral meetings
- To monitor and review throughout the year the academic progress of the Year group, and individual students; to support form tutors and heads of department in establishing intervention strategies
- To liaise with the Senior Leadership Team on matters of student progress – including academic, personal, and social well-being issues
- Monitor attendance and punctuality within your year team and take steps to improve both in line with academy targets
- To undertake Quality Assurance of the reporting processes used with the Year group
Student Guidance and Support
- To set a positive tone of high expectation in your cohort, encouraging increased involvement in the extra-curricular opportunities available, including the intervention sessions
- To develop further our partnership with parents in any way required
- To build relationships with parents and members of the community to bring them into the role of active partners in the quality of learning and development
- To promote community cohesion within the year group and the wider community
- To promote Student Voice within your year team • To lead year assemblies and to develop models of assembly within the year team
- To be vigilant about safeguarding and child protection issues, and lead good practice within the team
- Organise detentions and meetings with parents/careers as required. Support learning mentors and teachers in behavior management
- To lead and manage all aspects of the Year group
Aldar Education is the leading education group in Abu Dhabi, we provide inclusive and innovative learning that inspires and empowers communities, and Aldar Education aims to be your employer of choice. We educate over 24,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders and employees across the group.
Working collaboratively, our purpose is to empower the next generation to shape our future, directly supporting the educational goals of Abu Dhabi’s government. Today, Aldar Education’s efforts are guided by the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 plan, which aims to build a sustainable knowledge-based economy through premium education.
We are a “Great Place To Work” and currently employ over 1,400 teachers to deliver the English National Curriculum, the highly regarded American Massachusetts State Curriculum, and the prestigious International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme all with an international dimension.
Drawing millions of visitors each year, Dubai allows teachers to experience a unique combination of traditional Middle Eastern ways of life and an upscale expatriate lifestyle. Dubai's many private schools provide opportunities for licensed teachers to teach in one of the most exciting and dynamic modern cities in the world.