High School Math Teacher
The KL International School of Chongqing is seeking a seeking a High School Math Teacher to join our growing community!
KLIS is seeking a High School Math Teacher who will inspire a love of learning. Our teachers deeply care about students and lead classrooms that focus on individualized learning.
KL International School of Chongqing
The KL International School was founded in 2015 as the second licensed PreK – Year 13 international school for expatriates in Chongqing, China. KLIS is the only private, co-educational, not-for-profit international school in Chongqing. Our mission is to prepare creative, collaborative and curious students who will thrive as educated global citizens, self-sustaining learners and ethical leaders. KLIS believes in being a “Responsive School for a Changing World”.
KLIS educators are bright, adaptive, and responsive to their students. They are culturally aware, understanding that a diverse group of students, each with unique backgrounds, sits in front of them each day. They are patient and caring, taking time to explain concepts to differing learning levels and cherish the opportunity to serve as role models. They are explorers of Chongqing and the world – both interested in and dedicated to learning inside and outside of the classroom. Most of all, KLIS educators love students.
As a High School Math Teacher, you will serve as the lead High School Math Teacher with responsibilities to lead smaller middle school classes. Your classroom will never exceed 20 students and you will be part of a tight knit teacher team serving a diverse community. Your responsibilities will be to serve both our high school and middle students in a variety of classroom settings. Students vary in skill level and age – from 7th – 12th grade – so it is important that you have expertise teaching a range of science subjects in a differentiated classroom, with ability to teach up to Algebra II and potentially Pre-Calculus.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials
- Provide individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student
- Evaluate students’ academic and social growth, record appropriate records, and prepare progress reports
- Create a fun and engaging classroom environment
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities
- Maintain positive communication with parents
- Take part in schoolwide events
- Collaborate with school administrators and peer teachers to establish a collegiate school community
- Participate in curriculum and professional development sessions
|Licensed Teacher, University Graduate|
|Middle School, High School|
Qualifications and Requirements
|Mathematics / Secondary Education|
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.
|Renminbi (yuan) (¥)|
|Varied: wet/dry seasons|
|Land area - 3.7 million sq. miles (9.6 million sq. km)|