High School Teacher - Maple Bear Porto Velho - Brazil
- High School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
To obtain a work permit to legally work in Brazil the following are absolutely mandatory:
- 2 years experience in a teaching role post graduate is required, demonstrated by a statement of experience from previous employers
- clean criminal record check
- Bachelor of Education from a Canadian institute
- valid Canadian teaching licence (from any province or territory)
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Passionate about improving futures through education
- Salary R$ 8400 (Brazilian reais) monthly, tax-free
- Full-time contract: 40 hours per week, 60% teaching, 40% prep
- A rent-free 3 bedroom house in a secure area
- Use of a company car
- Complimentary Spanish and Portuguese lessons
- Career development and mentor-ship from our experienced and dedicated Academic Coordinator
- Bonus of 1 month salary + 30% every December
- And more!
We are looking for an experienced Canadian certified High School teacher to join us at our Maple Bear school in Porto Velho, Brazil for a 2-year contract.
This position is open only to those with a Canadian teaching license (from any provinces/territories).
Maple Bear Schools:
Maple Bear Brazil schools are private bilingual schools (Portuguese, English) which implement a Canadian-style curriculum and teaching methodology. With over 100 schools operating in Brazil, we are one of the leading providers of private education in Brazil.
Our High School Teachers:
As a High School Teacher with Maple Bear Porto Velho you will have the opportunity to:
- Use our unique,Canadian-based curriculum and teaching methodology to conduct Grade 9 and 10 classes
- Specialize in teaching English Language Arts
- Conduct Leadership training courses for Grades 9 and 10
- Participate as a member of faculty in initiatives to engage the student body, including special events (e.g. holiday celebrations) and community give-back initiatives (e.g. Terry Fox events)
- This is a unique and challenging opportunity which will require passion for education, leadership and administrative skills, and above all else: teamwork. We are a close team at Porto Velho, and we work together to ensure the success of our students
Porto Velho is community of about 500,000 located south of the Amazon River, where you will find incredible ecological diversity, friendly locals, and an incredibly healthy, active lifestyle. We are looking for somebody who is a little bit adventurous and interested in living off the beaten path, ready to explore all that Porto Velho has to offer.