- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hoursTESL/TEFL CertificateTESL/TEFL Diploma LevelOther Certification
- Qualified Teacher Status achieved in one of the following countries: United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, South Africa, or the USA.
- Experience in teaching History across the Secondary age including IGCSE and A-Level classes (ages 11-18).
- A positive work ethic and a high level of self-motivation; the willingness to act as a role model and mentor, to students and colleagues.
- A passion for teaching EAL/ESL learners in a mixed ability environment.
- Cultural sensitivity and intercultural communication competence; the ability to relate positively to colleagues who were raised in a distinctly different culture.
- Perseverance and a willingness to find complex practical solutions to everyday problems; patience, emotional stability, and a positive outlook.
- A commitment to being an excellent ambassador for our school within the Baku community.
- Experience of teaching the Cambridge Secondary Curriculum in the relevant subjects.
- Experience of leading personal challenge and development programs such as the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award; experience in leading charity and community outreach projects.
- Experience of leading appraisal and/or staff training; experience of school management.
- Specific EAL / ESL experience or qualifications.
- Experience of working in an international setting within a team that has a high proportion of host-country nationals.
- Experience of living and working in the post-Soviet space.
- Proficiency in Azerbaijani, Russian or Turkish language.
- A highly competitive net salary
- A performance bonus
- A travel and relocation allowance
- Fully equipped accommodation
- Comprehensive medical insurance for the employee and up to 2 dependents as standard
- A school laptop
- Lunch in the school canteen
- Free tuition for up to 2 dependent children of any age as a standard
We seek a qualified and self-motivated History Teacher, with experience in IGCSE and A-Level, who can perform effectively in an exciting and challenging cross-cultural environment.
The successful candidate should be prepared to relocate to Baku, Azerbaijan around the start of February 2021; the precise date of relocation can be agreed by mutual consent since the school is fully online at present, with the prospect of returning to the campus likely in late February or March. Full salary will be paid from the first teaching day, irrespective of the candidate’s location.
A willingness to team plan and collaborate with host-country teachers within the Humanities Department is a requirement.
The position will suit a committed, enthusiastic teaching professional possessing the correct blend of moral purpose, teaching, and interpersonal and intercultural communication skills.
This an opportunity to join a great team and make a genuine difference, educating the upcoming elite of a young country with a promising future.
MTK International School is an international centre of excellence within an Azerbaijani context, delivering an education that will fully prepare students to take their places in the modern world.
Our centrally located campus provides a world-class learning environment, equipped with modern educational resources, a powerful IT infrastructure and the full range of on-site facilities required by any tier-one school.
Our school curriculum focuses on personal, academic, and 21st-century learning strategies that will prepare children for the world of tomorrow, at home, or abroad. Focusing solely on academic achievement is no longer sufficient to guarantee success; children and adults need a broader range of skills and knowledge to call upon in a fast-changing world. The MTK International School’s Curriculum provides a wide variety of studies designed to foster the development of intellectual growth, physical and emotional health, creativity and an empathetic spirit.
We currently provide an exceptional education to children aged 2 to 17, offering the full range of Preschool, Primary, and Secondary education.
Our mission is to help every child fulfill his or her potential, to succeed in a fast-changing, exciting 21st-century working environment and also to live a happy, fulfilled life as a part of the Baku and wider global community. Our school ensures that its students reach their full academic potential whilst also developing a broad range of skills, talents, and abilities.
Teach in Azerbaijan to experience a truly cross continental nation, situated at the border of Eastern Europe and the Middle East. Stunning world heritage sites, natural wonders, and a cosmopolitan boom make Azerbaijan a wonderful place to teach and explore.