Homeroom Teacher - Beijing Huijia Private School - China
PYP Primary-School Homeroom Teacher
Reports to: Head of Primary-School
Maximum Class Size: 24
Teaching and Learning:
- Work together with the Chinese co-teacher and the Teacher Aide (if any) to provide a warm educational environment for the students.
- Follow the teaching philosophy of the school and the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program.
- Plan and teach considering students varied levels, interests, backgrounds (differentiated instruction).
- Integrate different subjects with the units of study (such integration must be documented).
- Teach using a variety of tools and strategies to actively and creatively engage students in learning.
- Plan the units of study with Areas of Interaction
- Prepare and submit bi-weekly lesson plans for unit of study in approved formats
- Prepare and submit Unit Plans in an approved format
- Maintain an updated “Teaching Records” portfolio with evidence of student work
- Help organize and carry out school curricular and extracurricular activities
- Organize class field trips (one per unit)
- Prepare Unit of study reflection assemblies and exhibitions
- Use reflection tools as required by PYP
- Participate in annual reviews of the curriculum
- Develop Student portfolios and prepare students for Student Personal Projects
- Participate in the development and implementation of the Student Learning Support program
- Create authentic assessment activities
- Prepare and submit unit assessment semester progress reports in an approved format
- Keep clear and appropriate records of student learning progress and assessment, evaluating homework/assignments in an orderly fashion
- Participate in Parent-teacher conferences and provide useful and constructive feedback to parents
- Organize unit and assessment mornings and engage parents in the units and assessment process
- Keep updated records of student attendance with evidence of MCs, sick notes, permission requests, etc
- Promote academic excellence
- Maintain a supportive and positive classroom climate
- Attend to extra administration related duties
- Promote positive behavior as per our discipline plan
- Maintain updated records of student house points as per our discipline plan
- Maintain a safe, tidy and attractive classroom (with elements of PYP classroom displays)
- Maintain a safe and orderly out-of-the classroom environment
- Assume responsibility for all students within the school, beyond those specifically assigned
- Maintain a harmonious and professional relationship with all parents
- Communicate effectively and regularly with parents through weekly letters
- Organize unit and assessment mornings to keep parents regularly informed about the Units of Study
- Respond to parent communications (emails/letters) in a timely and appropriate fashion (within 24 hours).
- Participate in Parent-teacher conferences when requested by parents
- Encourage parents to engage in school activities
- Maintain a harmonious, professional and supportive relationship with staff, students, colleagues and parents
- Convey a positive image of the school to parents, students and the public in general
- Participate in staff meetings and staff development/training sessions
- Participate in semester work reviews
- Submit required documentation punctually
- Demonstrate respect and care for school materials/equipment
- Follow the School procedures for leave application, facility/materials request
- Follow the School staff dress code and code of conduct
- Perform any duties that are within the scope of employment as assigned by Head/Principal/Coordinator (i.e. teacher substitutions, writing journals, etc)
- Education: Bachelor in Education or Early Childhood.
- Native English speaker.
- PYP background preferred.
- Drama, dance, or PE experiences preferred.
|Beijing , China|
|1 year at least|
|Licensed Teacher, College/University Faculty, University Graduate, ESL Instructor|
|Gr. 1, Gr. 2, Gr. 3, Gr. 4, Gr. 5, Gr. 6|
|USD 2500 - 5000|
Qualifications & Requirements
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.
|Renminbi (yuan) (¥)|
|Varied: wet/dry seasons|
|Land area - 3.7 million sq. miles (9.6 million sq. km)|