IB DP English Language Teacher
- High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 5 years of teaching experience
- English Education
Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
- Secondary license or certification for teaching English, with minimum a master’s degree
- Successful experience teaching IB English, minimum of 3 years
- Recent training and/or experience in the current IB English Language A: Language and Literature and/or IB English Language A Literature curriculum
- Five years of experience teaching English in K-12 schools; at IB schools
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, teachers and others
- Has experience with children 12 -18 years of age, preferably in an international school
- Positive attitude
- Ability to differentiate instruction for all learners
- Ability to participate in and establish collaborative structures
- Proven ability to develop successful academic programs
- Willingness to collaborate regularly with colleagues in a positive, constructive manner
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Recent and relevant professional development in teaching and learning
- Experience using Understanding by Design to develop learning units
- Proven ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Experience working in an IB Diploma school
- Experience as yearbook advisor
- Competitive Salary
- Yearly round trip airfare
- Private accommodation provided
- Allowance for Utilities
- Visa expenses
- Medical Insurance and Dental provided
- Lunch Provided
- Uniform Provided
- Tuition provided for maximum 2 children
- Professional Development
Provides students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical and social growth.
This position will consist of a full-time assignment teaching IB English and another High School English course, depending on scheduling needs and teacher qualifications.
General Responsibilities Teachers at Sampoerna Academy are expected to:
- Communicate and liaise on a regular basis with fellow team department/grade members with regards to planning, assessment, parent and community contact, subject organization and classroom issues such including discipline, expectations and routines
- Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for individual differences
- Prepare for classes assigned and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor
- Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior
- Communicate and liaise with other school colleagues in an effort to promote and social and emotional awareness
- constructively contribute in staff meetings
- Assist in supervision of student breaks
- Coordinate class activities as deemed necessary
- Maintain up-to-date records of assessment, attendance, planning, reports, conferences, and communication with parents
- Establish links with the parent community to ensure that parents are kept well informed about student progress
- Assist, as required, in the development of social and emotional curricular materials
- Act as a resource/contact/support for new staff members (i.e. curriculum, schedules, and procedures). Participate in and assist with school events as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Who We Are
Our teaching philosophy encourages students to inquire, explore, innovate and communicate, providing vital skills required for leadership in Indonesia and abroad. Coupled with internationally-recognized academic credentials, we are equipping our students to compete and succeed at every stage of life. With the advent of the information age available at our finger-tips, our job as a school is to teach our students “to learn how to learn”.
Drawing from the world’s best curricula and American-based STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) methodologies, we are equipping our students with global exposure and an internationally-recognized academic qualification.
Our environment was created to encourage a culture of innovation and collaboration. Moreover, our integration of communication, multiple language proficiency, and collaboration in team projects sets us apart from most other schools in ASEAN.
Sampoerna Academy graduates will assume leadership roles in a global society by being creative, passionate, life-long learners who are able to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing world and who care deeply for their fellow men and the environment.
The mission of Sampoerna Academy is to provide a safe, caring, and collaborative learning environment that is of the highest quality and meets global expectations for student achievement and character development. Our educational foundation is student-centered with a strong emphasis on Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM) that enables students to become mature, confident global citizens with a strong sense of purpose. Our end goal is to prepare students for a tertiary education and to make them work ready and world ready.
Academically, we prioritize the development of cognitive skills and communication skills over rote memorization because we believe that more than acquiring facts, students must be able to apply their knowledge in real situations.
We seek opportunities to engage all stakeholders to play a part in the success of our students.
We maintain a strong Asian cultural value system that celebrates social harmony, order, and respect.
STEAM competency will differentiate our students from those attending other schools.
Our learning spaces are a platform for hands-on activities, exploration, inquiry and the creation of knowledge and dialogue.