ICT & Computer Science Teacher
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- ICT / Computer Science
- Teaching Credential/License
- Bachelor of Education Degree in ICT/Computer Science or bachelor’s degree in Equivalent Field with PGCE or other teacher qualification.
- 2 years of experience in teaching ICT&Computer Science including I/GCSE and I/A levels is essential, with ICT experience up to GCSE desirable.
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Previous experience working with students for whom English is not their first language.
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child.
- A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children.
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities.
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age, and ethnic background.
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life.
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check.
What We Offer
Aldar Education is a family of world-class, child-centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 32,000 students across our group of Owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching, and training.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application to our company.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.
Aldar Education is currently seeking Science Teachers to support our growing family of owned and operated schools in the UAE.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
To be able to teach in an inspiring, and inclusive way, enabling independence, so that every child makes as much progress as possible; to develop positive working relationships with all members of the school and wider community; and to provide high-quality teaching, effective use of resources and improved standards of learning and achievement for all students.
- Assist the academy in achieving its overall vision and strategic intentions and contribute to the achievement of relevant targets as set out in the academy’s improvement plan and self-evaluation form.
- Comply with regulations about health and safety at work legislation and adhere to academy policies relating to safe working practice and equal opportunities regulations.
- Comply with the academy’s Performance Management Policy ensuring challenging annual targets are set and fulfilling the role of performance management reviewer if directed to do so by the principal.
- Engage in annual training linked to child protection, safeguarding, and health, and safety together with all training deemed appropriate for academy improvement or performance management.
- Comply with the academy’s staff dress code at all times including the wearing of a photo ID/lanyard.
- Comply with the academy’s computer Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) at all times
- Attend all staff briefings.
- Sign out and sign in at the relevant academy reception if off-site at any point during the normal working day.
Areas of Responsibility and Key Tasks Planning, Preparation, Teaching, and Lesson Management.
Teach allocated students by planning their teaching to achieve outstanding progression of learning through:
- Creating a climate that is conducive to outstanding Learning and Teaching.
- Identifying clear teaching objectives and specifying how they will be taught and assessed.
- Setting tasks that challenge students and ensure high levels of interest.
- Setting appropriate and demanding expectations.
- Setting clear targets, building on prior attainment.
- Identifying SEN or very able students.
- Providing clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation, and challenge.
- Making effective use of assessment and ensuring coverage of programs of study.
- Making effective use of performance data and key indicators to inform planning and therefore deliver differentiated learning – matched to need.
- Ensuring effective teaching and best use of available time.
- Maintaining an effective learning environment through the academy's procedures and encouraging good practice about punctuality, behavior, standards of work, and homework.
Using a variety of teaching methods to:
- Match approach to content, structure information, present a set of key ideas, and use appropriate vocabulary.
- Use effective questioning, listen carefully to students, and give attention to errors and misconceptions.
- Select appropriate learning resources and develop study skills through the library, I.C.T., and other learning technologies.
- Ensuring students acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills, and understanding appropriate to the subject taught.
- Evaluating own teaching critically to improve effectiveness.
- Ensuring the effective and efficient deployment of classroom support.
Monitoring, Assessment, Recording, Reporting
- Assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use them to improve specific aspects of teaching.
- Mark and monitor students' work and set targets for progress.
- Using performance data to inform planning and therefore ensuring the Learning and Teaching continue to ‘add value.
- Assess and record students' progress systematically and keep records to check work is understood and completed, monitor strengths and areas for development, inform planning and recognize the level at which the student is achieving.
- Assess students as requested by examination bodies, and departmental and academy procedures.
- Prepare and present informative reports to parents.
- Take part in subjects or aspects of the academy's work and develop plans which identify clear targets and success criteria for its development and/or maintenance.
- Contribute to the whole academy's visioning activities.
Other Professional Requirements
- Have a working knowledge of teachers' professional duties and legal liabilities.
- Always operate within the stated policies and practices of the academy.
- Know subject(s) or specialism(s) to enable effective teaching.
- Establish effective working relationships and set an outstanding example through their presentation and personal and professional conduct.
- Endeavour to give every child the opportunity to reach their potential and meet high expectations.
- Co-operate with other staff to ensure a sharing and effective usage of resources to the benefit of the academy, department, and students.
- Contribute to the corporate life of the academy through effective participation in meetings and management systems necessary to coordinate the leadership and management of the academy.
- Take part in marketing and liaison activities such as Open evenings/afternoons, Parent Teacher Consultations, and events with partner academies.
- Take responsibility for own professional development and duties regarding academy policies and practices.
- Liaise effectively with parents.
Aldar Education is the leading education group in Abu Dhabi, we provide inclusive and innovative learning that inspires and empowers communities, Aldar Education aims to be your employer of choice. We educate over 24,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders and employees across the group.
Working collaboratively, our purpose is to empower the next generation to shape our future, directly supporting the educational goals of Abu Dhabi’s government. Today, Aldar Education’s efforts are guided by the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 plan, which aims to build a sustainable knowledge-based economy through premium education.
We are a “Great Place To Work” and currently employ over 1,400 teachers to deliver the English National Curriculum, the highly regarded American Massachusetts State Curriculum and the prestigious International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme all with an international dimension.