Jr High School English Teacher (HXCGIS) - Bright Scholar Education Group - China
School: Huaxi Country Garden International School
Location: Guiyang, Guizhou
Department: International Middle School Section
Reports to: Head of Department
Suitable for: Highly responsible people who are passionate, self-motivated and reflective professionals with excellent communication skills and relevant experience.
- Provide day-to-day instructional excellence to each student
- Ensure the classroom is well-organized for purposeful activity throughout the day
- Implement and model high standards of work practice and review, critically reflecting, and evaluating own practice
- Show great individual care and support for the students, promoting learning styles that cater to individual differences to provide engagement in rigorous, relevant, and significant learning
- Establish clear instructional objectives, making use of core resources and supplementary materials
- Assess and analyse student progress to inform instruction and provide constructive feedback to promote students’ progress towards standards.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours in order to advise and assist students
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers
- Respect, appreciate and understand differences in learning and school culture
- Participate in a culture of professional learning
- Work cooperatively with colleagues/administrators as it pertains to specific grade levels and programs.
- Be accountable and a positive advocate for all management decisions
- Attend staff meetings, teacher workdays and recommended professional development activities
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Principal or Head of Department
About Huaxi Country Garden International School:
Huaxi Country Garden International School (HXCGIS) is a co-ed private boarding school and member school of the Bright Scholar Education Group, located in Guiyang, Guizhou province, China. The kindergarten was founded in 2014, and the junior and primary schools commenced operations on September 1st, 2015.
The school is located in the Huaxi District of Guiyang city in Guizhou Province which is often referred to as a “Natural Oxygen Bar” due to its’ verdant mountainous surroundings. The school itself covers an area of 8 hectares, with a total floor space of 100,000 square meters, surround by nearby green mountains, rural streams, lakes and pathways. This is serviced by a convenient and growing local transportation system linking it to Guiyang city and other nearby towns and villages – most notably Qinyan which is officially listed as a historically significant ancient fortress township.
HXCGIS is equipped with sophisticated facilities which include a swimming pool, two sports playgrounds, a gymnasium, a dance studio, two music studios, a library, two lecture halls, science laboratories. In addition, there are many other functional classrooms and smaller tutorial rooms. All of the classrooms have advanced digital facilities: IWB (Electronic Interactive Whiteboards), TVs, computers and digital broadcast connections installed. There are also on-campus medical services provided by a registered school nurse, around the clock security staff, and a dedicated team of caterers providing meals.
Based on a nine-year compulsory education, HXCGIS fully embraces International Baccalaureate educational concepts and an international curriculum. The school carries out trans-disciplinary units of Inquiry, and continually strives to cultivate future world leaders with both a Chinese identity and international-mindedness. HXCGIS has attained membership of the CIE (Cambridge International Examinations) system and candidate school status of PYP (Primary Years Programme) within its first two years of operations.
|Guiyang, Guizhou , China|
|Licensed Teacher, University Graduate, ESL Instructor|
|USD 1500 - 1950|
Qualifications & Requirements