Junior High English Teacher (JCGS) - Bright Scholar Education Group - China
School: Jurong Country Garden School
Location: Jurong District, Zhenjiang, Jiangsu
Department: International Junior High (Middle) Section
Reports to: Head of Department
Suitable for: Highly responsible people who are passionate, self-motivated and reflective professionals with excellent communication skills and relevant experience.
- Provide day-to-day instructional excellence to each student following MYP curriculum.
- Ensure the classroom is well-organized for purposeful activity throughout the day.
- Implement and model high standards of work practice and review, critically reflecting, and evaluating own practice.
- Show great individual care and support for the students, promoting learning styles that cater to individual differences to provide engagement in rigorous, relevant, and significant learning.
- Establish clear instructional objectives, making use of core resources and supplementary materials.
- Assess and analyse student progress to inform instruction and provide constructive feedback to promote students’ progress towards standards.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours in order to advise and assist students.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers.
- Respect, appreciate and understand differences in learning and school culture.
- Participate in a culture of professional learning.
- Work cooperatively with colleagues/administrators as it pertains to specific grade levels and programs.
- Be accountable and a positive advocate for all management decisions.
- Attend staff meetings, teacher workdays and recommended professional development activities
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Principal or Head of Department.
The performance responsibilities are designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee to only the work identified. It is the expectation of the school that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the organization.
About Jurong Country Garden School:
Jurong Country Garden School (JCGS) is an international school that has opened since 1 September 2013. It operates under Bright Scholar Education Group, and was established by the chair of the board of Country Garden - Mr. Yang Guoqiang. The school offers a 15-year International Baccalaureate education for all three programmes (PYP, MYP and DP). The school is located in Country Garden Phoenix Community in the Jurong Economic Development Zone, which is part of the Yangtze River Delta and close to developed cities such as Shanghai, Hangzhou, and Nanjing. The school occupies an area of approximately 134,000 m2 including 160,000 m2 construction area, with a maximum capacity of 24 classes in kindergarten, 50 classes in PYP, 50 classes in MYP, and 20 classes in DP, with an overall enrollment of 3,600 students.
Currently, JCGS has 1300 students. JCGS provides an advanced education and high level accommodation, which includes three swimming pools, a sports field, a gymnasium, a library, a theater, a lecture hall, a range of laboratories and specialist classrooms. All classrooms have been equipped with interactive whiteboards, TVs, computers, digital radios and other technological aids to learning.
|Zhenjiang, Jiangsu , China|
|Licensed Teacher, ESL Instructor|
|Gr. 6, Gr. 7, Gr. 8, Gr. 9|
|USD 2360 - 2830|
Qualifications & Requirements
|TESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hours|
|TEFL certification required|
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.
|Renminbi (yuan) (¥)|
|Varied: wet/dry seasons|
|Land area - 3.7 million sq. miles (9.6 million sq. km)|