Kindergarten Class Teacher - Beijing HD Bilingual School - China
Class teachers in early years have responsibility for delivering the majority of the curriculum to their assigned class. Each year group will operate as a tight-knit unit, ensuring that all students receive the same opportunities and that all class teachers feel supported by a strong team. The early years class teacher roles available at HD Schools present an outstanding opportunity to join a team that is fast establishing the school as a world-class educational institution that provides the best possible all-round education and care for every child.
We are seeking class teachers who will articulate and develop the vision, ethos, and values of HD Beijing School by inspiring and empowering students and their parents within the community
Teaching and Learning
- plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences for classes as designated by the Principal;
- prepare classroom environment for meaningful class activities;
- establish and communicate clear learning intentions for all activities;
- provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities;
- use all relevant technology to support instruction, understanding & development;
- identify and select different instructional resources and methods to meet students’varying needs;
- regularly evaluate learning experiences and outcomes for students’ continual improvement;
- assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments in line with HD Schools’ approaches;
- ensure that tasks are within the capabilities of all students and stretch students;
- cater for individual differences and provide for a variety of learning models and groupings, including PBL, flipped learning, integrated approaches;
- develop the best combination of International and Chinese approaches to deliver a personalised bi-lingual curriculum;
- participate fully in the HD School co-curricular and school activity programme.
Effective Teaching Strategies
- have a thorough understanding of the purpose and aims of the HD Bilingual Schools Curriculum;
- ensure that teaching and learning is aligned with the School’s current Scope, Sequences and value added measures;
- establish a classroom environment where students feel secure and are comfortable to take risks;
- ensure that classroom/school resources are well managed;
- ensure that standards of acceptable behavior are clearly stated and consistently fairly applied;
- ensure that all students are treated with respect; fairly and equally;
- ensure that the classroom is an attractive orderly place where equipment resources are well managed.
Connections with Students
- perform pastoral duties including student support, counseling students with academic problems and providing student encouragement;
- create an effective and challenging learning environment for each student;
- acknowledge each student’s improvement and effort;
- provide appropriate and timely feedback on work;
- encourage and monitor the progress of individual students;
- lead and participate in school activities outside of the classroom, helping to deliver a broad curriculum and build a strong sense of school community;
- establish a rapport which enhances learning.
Communication and Co-operation
- work co-operatively and supportively with all staff;
- share information, ideas and resources with colleagues;
- develop supportive and productive relationships with parents;
- communicate regularly with families through the Homework Diary and/or electronically.
- fulfil the administrative functions of the class, eg. attendance, check Homework Diary/emails, involvement with the School House system etc.;
- develop schemes of work and lesson plans;
- maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development;
- participate in department, school, and parent meetings;
- share assessment data and ensure it is archived;
- communicate with parents/caregivers in a timely fashion regarding student progress;
- prepare required reports on students and activities.
Contribution to the School Community
- play a full part in the corporate life of the school;
- support the School’s image in the community;
- play an active part in the Boarding life of the school (as appropriate) & pastoral support duties (extended day initiatives);
- support policies and procedures currently in place.
|Beijing , China|
The successful candidate will receive excellent salary and benefits commensurate with their experience. This will include:
Qualifications & Requirements
Teacher Qualifications and Skills
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.
|Renminbi (yuan) (¥)|
|Varied: wet/dry seasons|
|Land area - 3.7 million sq. miles (9.6 million sq. km)|