Kindergarten Homeroom Teacher (GCGS) - Bright Scholar Education Group - China
School: Guangdong Country Garden School
Location: Shunde District, Foshan, Guangdong
Department: International Kindergarten
Reports to: Head of Department
Suitable for: Positive, patient, caring and self-managing individuals with excellent interpersonal skills and a keen interest in early childhood development.
- Teach kindergarten class, plan lesson activities and prepare materials based on the provided curriculum
- Observe and evaluate children's performance, behavior, social development, and physical health
- Instruct students individually and in groups, adapting teaching methods to meet students' varying needs
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior, and policies and procedures to maintain order among students
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development such as games, arts and crafts, music, and storytelling
- Confer with parents, teachers, and administrators to resolve students' behavioral or academic problems.
- Administer standardized ability and achievement tests, and interpret results to determine children's developmental levels and needs
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities
- Respect, appreciate and understand differences in learning and school culture.
- Participate in a culture of professional learning
- Be accountable and a positive advocate for all management decisions.
- Attend staff meetings, workdays and professional development activities as assigned or recommended
- Contribute to afterschool activities on a regular basis.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Principal or Head of Department.
The performance responsibilities are designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee to only the work identified. It is the expectation of the School that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the organization.
About Guangdong Country Garden School:
Guangdong Country Garden School (GCGS; Chinese name: 广东碧桂园学校), is a private co-ed boarding school in Shunde District, just south of Guangzhou and at the heart of the Pearl River Delta in Guangdong Province. The school is fortunate to be situated in a safe, attractive and clean air environment with accessibility to international airports and the cities of Guangzhou (formerly known as Canton), Macau and Hong Kong. GCGS has an area of 33 hectares with around 4000 students on campus, aged 3 to 18.
There are approximately 600 teachers including over 500 Chinese teachers and around 100 international teachers. Facilities include libraries, hi-tech laboratories with 3D printers, an observatory, two running tracks and swimming pools, all situated in a beautiful green environment.
GCGS was founded in 1994 and was the first school to be founded within the Bright Scholar Education Group. It offers a wide range of well-established curricula including the IB's PYP, MYP and DP, CIE's IGCSE and A Level, Advanced Placement, and Sino-Canadian, Sino-Australian and International Foundation Diploma Programmes. GCGS hold high academic expectations for its students and many graduates are admitted to leading universities around the world.
|Foshan , China|
|Licensed Teacher, ESL Instructor|
|USD 1840 - 4070|
Qualifications & Requirements
|TESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hours|
|TEFL certification required|
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.
|Renminbi (yuan) (¥)|
|Varied: wet/dry seasons|
|Land area - 3.7 million sq. miles (9.6 million sq. km)|