Kindergarten Homeroom Teacher (PCIS)
School: Phoenix City International School
Location: Guangzhou, Guangdong
Department: International Kindergarten
Reports to: Head of Department
Suitable for: Positive, patient, caring and self-managing individuals with excellent interpersonal skills and a keen interest in early childhood development.
- Teach kindergarten class, plan lesson activities and prepare materials based on the provided curriculum.
- Observe and evaluate children's performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, adapting teaching methods to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior, and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development such as games, arts and crafts, music, and storytelling.
- Confer with parents, teachers, and administrators to resolve students' behavioral or academic problems.
- Administer standardized ability and achievement tests, and interpret results to determine children's developmental levels and needs.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Respect, appreciate and understand differences in learning and school culture.
- Participate in a culture of professional learning.
- Be accountable and a positive advocate for all management decisions.
- Attend staff meetings, workdays and professional development activities as assigned or recommended
- Contribute to afterschool activities on a regular basis.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Principal or Head of Department.
The performance responsibilities are designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee to only the work identified. It is the expectation of the School that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the organization.
Terms of Employment:
To be offered employment, candidates must commit to 10-12 months of excellent service to our students. Compensation and benefit package to be established by school representative in accordance with local Chinese law and school policy.
About Phoenix City International Kindergarten:
Phoenix City International Kindergarten (PCIK) is located about 45 minutes from Guangzhou city, in an area that is rapidly developing to become a metropolitan area called “Phoenix City”. The school currently has around 260 students and 40 teaching staff. It is fully resourced and equipped to allow teachers to take a progressive and modern approach to teaching. The facilities include a science room, art room, library, soft playroom, sand box, junior basketball court and a mini-theatre. Inside the classrooms, they are equipped with smart boards and play areas to help childhood development, as well as day-to-day resources a teacher would need to teaching inquiry-based lessons. The teacher accommodation is modern, fully-furnished and located within a short walking distance of the school.
|Guangzhou, Guangdong, China|
|USD 2680 - 3150|
Qualifications and Requirements
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.
|Renminbi (yuan) (¥)|
|Varied: wet/dry seasons|
|Land area - 3.7 million sq. miles (9.6 million sq. km)|