- High School
- Licensed Teacher, College/University Faculty
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Must be able to obtain a background check
- Must be able to satisfy China working visa requirements
- Teaching certification or license a plus
- Experience working internationally a plus
- Salary: 28000 - 33000 RMB (pre-tax)
- Accommodation: Provided Housing
- Flight Reimbursement: Up to 12000 RMB paid at beginning and end of year
- Insurance: Health and Accident Insurance
- Visa: Residence Permit, Work Permit, and Related Visa Processing Fees Assistance and Reimbursement
- Working Hours: 40 + hours/week, 8:00 – 5:00 PM (may vary based on location)
- Teaching Hours: Up to 20 class hours per week
- Leave: Paid local and national holidays
- Bonus: Resigning Bonus Paid out in following year
Guangdong Guangya High School is seeking a Lead Teacher to join our community!
The Guangdong Guangya High School, in partnership with Tower Bridge International Education, is seeking an experienced Lead Teacher to join our growing international education team. This role is perfect for pioneering teachers looking to shape an international program from the foundational stages. This is a great opportunity to do so at a prestigious school in a world class city.
The Guangya international program is hosted on the main Guangya campus located in the Liwan District, where you can find a unique blend of Eastern and Western culture. Founded in 1888, Guangya is known as one of the top high schools in China. The word Guangya comes from the phrase: “广者大也，雅者正也”, which translates to “Cultivate Knowledge, Integrity, and Well-Being”. Guangya currently operates 4 campuses in and around Guangdong province and offers diverse international programming.
The Lead Teacher is globally understanding, experienced in international education, and will embolden a team that focuses on student success. With skills in team building and instructional mentorship the work of a Lead Teacher goes beyond the classroom and focuses on building a strong academic team to best service students. The Lead Teacher will be required to teach multiple humanities courses, with experience in AP as a plus. A successful Lead Teacher can easily adapt to new cultures and colleagues, are flexible to change and deal with change positively, grasp the big picture while being detail-oriented, and understand the importance of character and values in education. This role requires a candidate who is committed to developing a strong academic program and working with a teacher team dedicated to student success.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Lead the foreign teacher team to deliver a strong academic experience and culture for all students
- Develop, monitor, evaluate and improve the school instructional program
- Facilitate curriculum design and delivery
- Develop and deliver professional development to faculty
- Provide regular feedback and mentorship to faculty
- Support community efforts to recruit and retain students
- Maintain academic integrity in the program
- Teach multiple courses
- Lead and proactively take part in and positively contribute to school events (concerts, holidays, sports)
- Value the diverse thoughts, perspectives, learning abilities and life experiences of students and colleagues
- Collaborate with colleagues to create programs (extracurricular, academic) that enhance the growth and learning of students
- Collaborate with counseling team to provide advice and counseling to students pursuing studies abroad
- Some weekend duties may be requested
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.