Learning Resource Coordinator - Aldar education
- Licensed Teacher, College/University Faculty, University Graduate
- Other Certification
Qualifications - External
- Bachelors Degree
- 1-year experience in the same field.
Job Specifics, Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent literacy and communication skills (both written and spoken) as a large part of the role involves communicating with SLT, Heads of Department, students, and parents.
- Overall, the successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, solution-focused professional who has a flexible approach to work, one who is willing to take initiative, work as part of a team in a high-achieving organization, and hit the ground running
What We Offer
Aldar Education is a family of world-class, child-centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching, and training.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application to our company.
Aldar Education is currently seeking Learning Resource Coordinator – Aldar Education to support our growing family of owned and operated schools in the UAE.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
To lead and manage the Secondary library and promote whole school literacy.
- Cataloguing all resources into the automated library system - DESTINY. All resources must be cataloged according to the Dewey system. Books must be labeled and covered.
- Maintaining the library database – ensuring that records of all pupils and teachers are up to date.
- Following up overdue books from both pupils and teachers; receiving money for lost or damaged books; repairing damaged books.
- Signing books in and out and re-shelving the returned books
- Attending any necessary training associated with the duties of the post.
- Selecting and ordering new books appropriate to each Key Stage and interests of the pupils, as well as the requirements from the teachers for resources to support the curriculum topics
- Attend curriculum compliance meetings as required to ensure library stock meets compliance and culture sensitivity requirements.
- Scan books for compliance in line with Aldar policy and remove/cover noncompliant material
- Collate annual order working within budget to select recourses appropriate to the age and interests of students, as well as resources to support curriculum topics.
- Process all library resources to ensure they are shelf-ready (labeling and covering as required).
- Weed damaged or inappropriate stock as per CREW method
- Maintain an attractive library environment that caters to all students’ needs.
- Arranging author visits
- Developing and delivering ‘library information literacy’ sessions to ensure that pupils can find the resources they require whether books/magazines or online, enabling pupils to become independent and effective library users
- Liaising with teachers to ensure that topic-related resources are distributed to the classrooms as and when required
- Maintaining an attractive library environment that caters to all pupils’ needs, to sit and read quietly or to carry out independent study
- Redesigning the library in line with AYA vision, including creating a future-ready space with different zones (research/creative/relaxing/silent)
- Promoting reading through attractive displays to encourage pupils to enjoy a wide range of literature to foster a love of books to become life-long readers.
- Keeping up to date with new releases to be able to recommend books to pupils
- Supervise behavior, and support student use of library resources and facility at all times, either via drop-in or during scheduled library sessions
- Communication with parents to discuss active ways to help support reading at home
- Arranging book fairs with a local book shop. Running House Competitions to promote whole-school literacy
- Running the ‘Book Club’ where pupils can order books from a catalog, consolidate the order for the whole school and distribute books when they arrive
- Supporting EAL students with their literacy, monitoring progress
- Supporting teachers and running intervention groups
- Responsible for database admin of Accelerated Reader. Enter classes and teaching staff, perform day-to-day functions to maintain the program, support teachers and manage resources to support AR within the library.
- Running and Monitoring the AR and Star Reading quizzes and providing teachers with the necessary data.
- Facilitating CATS testing
- Complying with the requirements of health and safety, other relevant legislation, and school policies
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.
Aldar Education is the leading education group in Abu Dhabi, we provide inclusive and innovative learning that inspires and empowers communities, Aldar Education aims to be your employer of choice. We educate over 24,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders and employees across the group.
Working collaboratively, our purpose is to empower the next generation to shape our future, directly supporting the educational goals of Abu Dhabi’s government. Today, Aldar Education’s efforts are guided by the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 plan, which aims to build a sustainable knowledge-based economy through premium education.
We are a “Great Place To Work” and currently employ over 1,400 teachers to deliver the English National Curriculum, the highly regarded American Massachusetts State Curriculum and the prestigious International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme all with an international dimension.