- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Information Sciences
- Teaching Credential/License
Credentials / Experience:
- Bachelors in Information Sciences (MLIS) degree. Experience working in a library and censoring books is beneficial although not required
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Bilingual (Arabic / English) preferred but not required
- Tax-Free monthly Salary
- Furnished Single Accommodation
- Shared Transportation from Accommodation-School and vice versa.
- School Fee Discounts for Eligible Dependents
- Annual Return Flights
- National Medical Service
- End of Service Gratuity (Indemnity)
- Ongoing CPD Opportunities
Supervises the libraries and ensures that they meet the academic expectations.
- Provide guidance and assistance to students and staff in finding and appropriately using all print and non-print materials such as books. Encyclopedias. Dictionaries. Reference materials. As well as the fiction and non-fiction collections
- Work collaboratively with teachers in the teaching of library-related skills
- Assist students and teachers during library lessons or research classes as necessary
- Supervise student behavior to maintain a quiet atmosphere conductive to study and learning in the library
- Provide orientation opportunities for staff and students at the beginning of each academic year, proper use of library facilities, materials available…etc. should be discussed
- Develop guidelines for proper use of the library facilities and its resources by teachers, administrators, staff and students
- Develop and implement plans for the efficient acquisition, utilization and circulation of all library materials and equipment
- Recommend purchases of new library equipment and supplies
- Requisition new books, periodicals, audio/visual (AV) materials…etc
- Receive and catalog new books, AV materials…etc
- Analyze the library collection to ascertain purchase needs and to identify items in need of de-selection
- Recommend AV equipment for procurement
- Oversee the maintenance and use of all AV equipment
- Prepare financial projections and prepare/implement the library annual budget
- Manage Northwest’s censorship guidelines as mandated by the Kuwait Ministry of Education
- Form and Lead the Censorship Committee: meet with Ministry representatives and follow their directives
- Maintain an effective security system to minimize the loss of materials and equipment
- Provide training for new Library Assistants
- Supervise library staff and provide regular job performance feedback
- Prepare statistical records and reports needed to manage the library program
- Report and follow through with maintenance issues to appropriate staff member (maintenance supervisor, vice principal….etc
- Sign release forms (student withdrawal, staff year end forms…etc.) as necessary
- Show initiative in preparing and implementing library programs that promotes the love of reading
- Attend staff meetings on a regular basis to promote library materials and programs
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Principal or Superintendent
Northwest Bilingual School is a private, college-preparatory school that instills a passion for learning, builds character and inspires civic and social responsibility. Incorporating a rigorous, U.S. curriculum and advanced technology, Northwest Bilingual School empowers students to become contributing leaders of tomorrow. Northwest will maintain its lead in being the highest quality, comprehensive school in the region priding itself in incorporating within its curriculum an understanding of and respect for Arabic language and Islamic values within our global society.
Quality Teaching, Exceptional Learning; Excellence in Learning; Focused on Quality, Founded in Integrity;
Todayâs Students, Tomorrows Leaders; Quality and Excellence in Education
Committed to continuous improvement, Northwest Bilingual School provides an excellent standards-based academic program within the framework of the best research-based educational practices in which students develop character, an awareness of the natural and social environments, and essential skills preparing them to face the challenges of our rapidly changing world.
The philosophy and objectives of this private, bilingual school support a U.S. curriculum in the rich cultural setting of the Middle East where students receive an immersion English language program. Northwest Bilingual School welcomes families from all countries knowing that this association of students of different backgrounds helps develop a clear understanding and appreciation of the global world in which they live.
Designed to meet a wide range of individual needs, the Northwest Bilingual School experience stresses the worth and dignity of all students and provides them the opportunities to progress intellectually, emotionally, socially, and physically to their greatest potential.