Male IBDP Chemistry/Physics Teacher
- High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Recent IBDP training and experience are
IB experience and training:
- SR 10,000 additional to the annual salary for recent IB training
- SR 10,000 additional to the annual salary for recent IB experience
Accommodation: Accommodation provided by school in Eurovillage Compound
Airfare: Fixed airfare allowance annually as per country zone for employee and sponsored dependents
Shipping allowance (Initial entry):
- SR 2250 for the employee
- SR 1125 per school-age accompanying dependent
Health Insurance: Family health insurance provided
Transportation allowance: SR 250 per month of operation
IPS tuition discount for school-age accompanying dependents:
- 100% for one child (100% for up to 2 if both parents are employees of IPS)
- 50% for the 2nd child
- 25% for a 3rd child (50% if both parents employed by IPS)
- Full tuition payment expected for 4th and other children (25% if both parents employed by IPS)
- The employee is responsible to pay the VAT as per Saudi government regulations. Applicable on the full tuition fees based on IPS annual tuition fees
Settling-in advanced salary: SR 2000 upon arrival for the initial entry only. Deducted from employee salary.
Saudi Government fees: IPS covers all expenses related to the employee work visa, Saudi work permit, Saudi residence permit and up to SR 1700 annually for exit re-entry visa.
- Actively promote and model the Mission, Beliefs and Graduate Profile of IPS
- Determines with the relevant administrator appropriate learning objectives for the class, taking into account the school’s course of study and the assessed needs of the students
- Establish and maintain a positive, respectful and constructive relationship with students, parents and colleagues
- Plans appropriate learning experiences for individual, group and class instruction
- Develop Unit plans in collaboration with colleagues and present to Curriculum Coordinator when required
- Monitors student progress and evaluates the student’s achievement in relation to learning objectives
- Reports individual student's progress to parents and school personnel through the preparation of reports and/or of conferences
- Creates, a functional, safe, attractive and physically comfortable environment to the extent possible
- Maintains professional competence through participation in in-service educational activities provided by the school and/or self-elected professional growth activities
- Performs basic attendance accounting, record keeping and clerical services as assigned
- Assists in the selection and requisitioning of books, instructional aids and supplies to the extent possible
- Establishes and maintains acceptable standards of students behavior
- Administers any school testing program required by the administration
- Participates in curriculum development, program planning, school evaluation processes, and other faculty committees as required by the school administration
- Shares in the sponsorship of student activities
- Plans and coordinates the work of aids, and teacher assistants where appropriate
- Works with colleagues, ancillary staff, parents and community agencies in matters of mutual concern
- Participates with the administration to develop a continuous improvement plan for both the individual teacher and the school
- Attend and participate in all faculty meetings and general student assemblies and evening and weekend programs as appropriate
- Be available to accommodate parents and students seeking after school appointments. Attend all assigned parent conferences
- Accept responsibility for extracurricular activities and provide 2 after school clubs per year
The International Programs School in Al Khobar opened in 2000 with 19 students. To date, the school has an enrollment of more than 790 students representing over 35 different nationalities. IPS is a dynamic, gender-segregated, international school in KSA offering a North American curriculum. We are accredited by MSA and authorized by the Saudi Ministry of Education.
Our faculty is a mix of certified teachers from English speaking countries and Arabic teachers from the Middle East. Our core courses of study are aligned with North American standards and we pride ourselves in providing a top quality classroom environment for our students.
IPS is an IB World School offering the Primary Years Program (PYP) and the Diploma Program (DP).
Teach Away offers teaching jobs in Saudi Arabia at a number of institutions, including private international schools, ESL schools and language institutes, and at universities and colleges. Teaching in Saudi Arabia can be a very lucrative opportunity for licensed teachers and ESL instructors alike.