Math and Science Teacher - Colegio Menor Samborondón - Ecuador
Math Teacher (7th grade)
Science Teacher (7th, 8th and 9th grade)
- Teachers will participate in the development, implementation and revision of new curriculum
- Teachers will prepare weekly or unit lesson plans in advance in collaboration with departmental/team level peers and will hand them in to their coordinator or instructional facilitator according to the established schedule
- Teachers will create interdisciplinary connections in planning, when necessary and appropriate, with other subjects through communication and collaboration with area peers
- Teachers will maintain and keep class websites up to date and with the minimum requirements for content established in their area of the school
- Teachers will maintain an accurate record o students’ progress. Gradebooks will be kept current and with all relevant student information including homework, tardies, exam and project grades, etc.
- Teachers will maintain students’ records up to date in the school’s grade book software and hand-in the final grades on the date assigned
- Teachers will file any mid-term reports, assessment information or other documentation required by the learning support staff (special needs, counseling, reading support, PAS coordinator, etc.)
- Teachers will participate with administration and faculty in establishing and maintaining standards of student conduct in and out of their classroom
- Teachers will consistently follow all school and departmental policies and procedures
- Teachers will consistently set high academic standards
- Teachers will adhere to the All-School Essential Agreements for teaching and learning
Supporting the Community
- Teachers will initiate and/or participate in school functions, which further enrich students’ school experience and contribute to the success of the school as a whole. These include but are not limited to academic showcases, academic field trips, open house and/or welcome sessions for parents and students, concerts, plays, etc.
- Teachers will interact professionally among themselves. This includes the ability to give and receive constructive criticism. Teachers will always seek to keep the lines of communication open and respectful
- Teachers will treat all Colegio Menor employees with respect. Teachers will maintain a clean learning environment and will uphold that expectation for their students
- Experienced teachers will serve as mentors for new teachers
- Teachers will participate in peer observations
- Teachers will work on special committees or task forces as needed
- Teachers will comply with all duties assigned to them. These may include: Lunch/hall duty, sub duty, study hall monitor, detention monitor, student council advisor, community task monitor, etc.
- Teachers will communicate regularly with students and/or parents concerning individual goals, progress and areas of improvement
- Teachers will be sensitive to the social and emotional needs/state of their students and will communicate with parents, learning support staff and/or counselors as necessary
- Teachers facing a particular classroom problem (teacher-or student-related) will communicate with other members of their teaching team and/or the Student Life Coordinator to discuss strategies for positive change
- Teachers will bring parents into the education process through open communication. If teachers need help with a translator, they are encouraged to approach their departmental coordinators or area head for assistance
|Samborondón , Ecuador|
|Gr. 7, Gr. 8, Gr. 9|
|USD 1985 - 2206|
Qualifications & Requirements
Ecuador’s dazzling wildlife and natural beauty make it a perfect choice for teaching in South America. With jobs in private schools, language institutes, universities, and public schools, teaching jobs in Ecuador accept candidates with a variety of experience.
|US Dollar (USD)|
|Presidential constitutional republic|