Middle School Director of Student Affairs - Hangzhou
- Middle School
- Director/Principal, University Graduate
- 5 years of teaching experience
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree with appropriate clearance
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in an educational environment, preferably within an administrative role
- Sound understanding of academic plans and approaches to learning
- Extensive experience working with elementary and middle school students
- Experience in tutoring or case management is preferred
- Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence
- Critically, an applicant should possess a high GPA in his/her major, excellent recommendations, and be open to new ideas in education
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance, and more. Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
BASIS International School Hangzhou is seeking qualified candidates for a Director of Student Affairs for the 2019-20!
BASIS International School Hangzhou is seeking a Director of Student Affairs to support a culture of academic excellence and ensure the success of our students. This position is highly focused on academics, and is responsible for establishing student support programs that lead to exceptional student outcomes. Through elevated expectations of student capabilities and a willingness to ensure that all students have the support they need to be successful, our Director of Student Affairs will take a data driven approach to assessing student needs, and thus allocate the resources needed to enhance their educational experience.
- Establish, coordinate, and effectively communicate academic and behavioral performance plans with students, teachers, and parents
- Provide support to teachers regarding student achievement, classroom management, and overall best practices
- Lead grade team level meetings and staff meetings
- Monitor student academic performance
- Work closely with the administrative team to provide both academic support and social-emotional support for all students
Our six BASIS International School campuses in China and Thailand continue the BASIS Curriculum Schools vision of delivering the gold standard of education by combining the BASIS Curriculum with highly qualified teachers who are sought after, and hired for, their deep subject matter knowledge. Our first international school, BASIS International School Shenzhen, opened in 2015 and is the flagship of a network that has seen quick expansion with its second school, BASIS International School Guangzhou, launched in 2017, and campuses in Hangzhou and Park Lane Harbour launched in 2018. In 2019, new BASIS International Schools opened in Nanjing, China, and Bangkok, Thailand. Future locations planned include Beijing, Jinan, and Shanghai, China.