Middle School Science Teacher
Middle School Science Teacher, Berkeley, CA, USA
Employee Type: Full-time
Direct Supervisor: Middle School Head
Location: Middle School, Grayson Campus, Berkeley, California - USA
Application Deadline: March 25, 2019
Work authorization: J1 visa sponsoring available
Ecole Bilingue Middle School, located in Berkeley, California, is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and highly motivated Science Teacher to join its academic team for the 2019-20 school year and beyond. The position is available late August 2019.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The Science teacher will:
- Employs a variety of teaching methods to engage different learning styles and ability levels in the classroom,
- Prepares motivating and stimulating lessons that reflect knowledge of the curriculum, child development and student abilities
- Provides a nurturing, supportive, and positive learning environment with high expectations that encourage student responsibility, enhance motivation, clearly communicate classroom routines, and incorporate challenging instructional strategies.
- Teach two sections of 8th-grade Physical Science
- Teach one section of 7th grade Earth and Space Science
- Teach two sections of 6th grade Life Science
- Serve as an advisor in the middle school
- Serve 3 hours a week as STEAM/Makerspace Coordinator
- Assist in planning week-long overnight trip to Catalina, CA
- Attends professional meetings as well as serves on specific committees, and attends staff meetings as may be requested or as established by school policy.
The above responsibilities are subject to the general duties and responsibilities contained in the employee’s Conditions of Employment. This job description allocates duties and responsibilities but does not direct the particular amount of time to be spent carrying them out and no part of it may be so construed. This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post. It also requires the ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds unassisted. It may be subject to modification or amendment at any time after consultation with the holder of the post.
Application Process and Required documents:
In order to complete the application process, interested candidates must provide the following documentation by March 25, 2019.
- A resume
- A cover letter
A completed and signed EB job application with a minimum of three references (name, address, phone number and email address).
Ecole Bilingue de Berkeley
Mission Statement: Ecole Bilingue de Berkeley nurtures creative, multilingual learners, equipped to confidently embrace the delights and challenges of an interconnected world.
Founded in 1977, Ecole Bilingue de Berkeley has a long history of excellence in bilingual education in the Bay Area. EB is a preschool to 8th grade French-American school located in West Berkeley. As a recognized leader in international bilingual education, EB integrates the rigor and excellence of a French curriculum into a dynamic, whole-child education, imbuing students with tenacity, cross-cultural fluency, a deep intellectual capacity and vast stores of kindness. EB’s immersion program is taught by caring and committed teachers, supported by a dedicated staff. EB’s core values are Unity, Reflection, Integrity, Zeal, and Endeavor.
Ecole Bilingue de Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, generic information or any protected class prohibited by law.
|California, West, USA|
Qualifications and Requirements